File and Trial Arbitrations?

weams

1 minute ago, backwardsk said:

$17ish is what I'm expecting as well.  His agent would be playing a dangerous game if he filed something much higher because of Donaldson's agreement.  Now, because of timing, Manny's agent likely didn't factor in the Donaldson contract at all.

I dont think Boras thinks too  much of other agents, he expects them to factor in his contracts into their contracts. :)

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, phillyOs119 said:

I'm not talking about Machado, I'm talking everyone who is arbitration eligible.

Maybe that will be the impetus to trade all of them? 

I know what you meant, I was just applying it to only one player.

I find it funny the article they said that  " Baltimore is a definitive “file and trial” club".  Not much evidence to support that.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Maybe that will be the impetus to trade all of them? 

I know what you meant, I was just applying it to only one player.

I find it funny the article they said that  " Baltimore is a definitive “file and trial” club".  Not much evidence to support that.

Yeah, the Orioles generally don't do much of anything they say they are going to do.

This is interesting though, I don't remember any team exchanging figures with this many players.

23 minutes ago, phillyOs119 said:

Nevermind, per Connolly, Britton has agreed. 

I expect Britton and the Orioles to agree on an extension. Britton seems like he has a loyalty to the Orioles and wants to stay. I know he's a Boras client, but I could see a deal being worked out. Wether it's the smart thing or not for the Orioles, I don't know.

Archived