File and Trial Arbitrations?

weams

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Optimistic spin of the hour: we haven't heard about Schoop and Gausman because the O's are wrapping up longer-term deals for each of them. 

2 minutes ago, phillyOs119 said:

A Schoop/Gausman double extension would make me happy.

Me too.    They're the two guys I'd be targeting this winter, if Manny's out of the picture.

Just now, weams said:

I think Caleb is marginal. 

4 years, 4.1 rWAR.    Three of those years he was worth 1.2, 2.2 and 1.6.    Other than his miserable 2016 campaign, he's been quite valuable, IMO.

By comparison, Ryan Flaherty made $1.075 mm his first year of arbitration, and $1.5 mm in his second.   Do you think he was more valuable than Caleb?    I sure don't.

19 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I thought MLBTR's $1.4 mm estimate for him was very low.   

Optimistic spin of the hour: we haven't heard about Schoop and Gausman because the O's are wrapping up longer-term deals for each of them. 

The $150K saved from MLBTR's estimate on Joseph pays for the risk on taking 3 Rule 5 guys.  I told ya Dan had a plan!  xD

2 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

$16 million for Manny...that is kind of low in my opinion. Glad it's done though.

That they agreed on $16 million after numbers were exchanged makes me wonder what the numbers were.  Seems to me that Manny's number must have been really high and his agent realized that there was a good chance that the arbiter would go with the Orioles' number.  We will never know, though.  In any case, it seems to have worked out well for the Orioles.

5 minutes ago, TradeAngelos said:

Only if Manny isn't in the picture? Why?

If they extend all three (which is 99.9% a pipe dream), they'd be looking at a 130m (give or take a few million) payroll in 2018 without signing any FAs this offseason or next offseason.

Archived