Non-Roster Invites.

weams

2 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

I think he might go for 4/60 M

Well finally an offseason where every other team is on our speed. Except for the the Marlins giving players away.

Its been a slow offseason around here. All that could change real fast if we scramble to sign Cobb, Tillman, and another team less vet. Plus a guy like Dyson or Jay. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even with the slow off season, no way Cobb goes for 4/52. If so, grab him now. I would be actually be happy with Bundy, Gausman, Cobb and a cast of Tillman, Wright Cortes, Asher....I just think we need at least one more consistent, capable 3-4 starter to band aid this rotation together... 

• 1 month later...
On 9/4/2017 at 6:56 PM, Roy Firestone said:

I'm just repeating what one Oriole insider told me this week. It's from someone who knows, and it's not Jim Palmer. They said that Harvey could conceivably be pitching for the Orioles by June of next year ........ IF he gets enough innings at AA-Bowie ........

On 1/23/2018 at 6:19 PM, OFFNY said:

o

Roy Firestone stated that  he was told by an Orioles insider that there is an outside chance that Harvey could start the season at AA-Bowie and be brought up to the Orioles in June IF he pitches very well there:

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/index.php?/topic/25212-updates-on-hunter-harvey/&page=18

That's a very big "IF" ........ Harvey finished last season smoking hot, but it was a very small sample size AND it was at the levels of Advanced-Rookie League

Aberdeen and Regular-A Delmarvawhich are 3 levels and 2 levels below AA-Bowie, respectively.

o

o

I suspect that the Orioles are breathing much easier in regard to the rate at which they feel compelled to try to bring Hunter Harvey along, now that they have signed BOTH Andrew Cashner AND Alex Cobb. 

Anything is possible, but I believe that they may be slightly less aggressive in regard to if and when they decide to promote him to the Major Leagues at some time during the 2018 season ........ whether it be June (which would be the absolute earliest time), July, August, or September.

o

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 8:59 PM, johnegogo said:

Even with the slow off season, no way Cobb goes for 4/52. If so, grab him now. I would be actually be happy with Bundy, Gausman, Cobb and a cast of Tillman, Wright Cortes, Asher....I just think we need at least one more consistent, capable 3-4 starter to band aid this rotation together... 

Let's see how close this is.

On 2/1/2018 at 8:59 PM, johnegogo said:

Was Cashner signed at the time of this post?

Archived