MLBNetwork Rosenthal Breaks Down the OS

weams

1 minute ago, weams said:

"They need at least three starters."

"The Orioles had discussions with Lance Lynn last week. Talks did not reach a serious stage."

I sure wish they had. They could surely use him. As long as DD sits on his butt doing nothing  but getting trash heap pitchers for this team then it's going to be another long stretch of losing. You'd think this FO would learn from its past mistakes. Nope. 

1 hour ago, Tx Oriole said:

I sure wish they had. They could surely use him. As long as DD sits on his butt doing nothing  but getting trash heap pitchers for this team then it's going to be another long stretch of losing. You'd think this FO would learn from its past mistakes. Nope. 

Mistakes like Ubaldo Jiménez?

14 minutes ago, jjdman said:

Mistakes like Ubaldo Jiménez?

Eh, Davis stands to be a much worse mistake than Ubaldo. I give them credit for taking a chance on a pitcher with upside. Unfortunately it didn't work out, but he was durable. The worst thing to come out of the Jimenez deal wasn't the contract itself, but the small sample of dumb confirmation bias "risky 4 year pitcher deals" that the FO will point to, as they are doing this offseason.

10 minutes ago, interloper said:

Eh, Davis stands to be a much worse mistake than Ubaldo. I give them credit for taking a chance on a pitcher with upside. Unfortunately it didn't work out, but he was durable. The worst thing to come out of the Jimenez deal wasn't the contract itself, but the small sample of dumb confirmation bias "risky 4 year pitcher deals" that the FO will point to, as they are doing this offseason.

I was referring to pitchers and I don't put Davis mistake on the FO

Archived