Where is the starter market? Where are the O's?

wildcard

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm curious as to what Cobb and Lynn will ultimately get. Cobb turned down 3 years 42 mill earlier this off-season from the Cubs.

I'm sure at that price a lot of teams would be in on Cobb. Maybe it takes 4 years 60 mill or something along those lines but who knows.

Cobb on his situation:

“The fact Darvish is signed, the market has basically set itself where it’s at so teams aren’t shooting at a number in the dark,” Cobb said. “That, as well as the fact that spring training is here now, my hope is the process goes quicker, but I would have never thought it would take this long.

“I’m done trying to predict what’s going to happen.”

“It’s a weird feeling, absolutely,” said Cobb, a Vero Beach High School graduate. “It’s very strange to see Twitter feeds of pitchers and catchers reporting and guys playing catch and things of that nature. In my mind, I’m still in the middle of the offseason. I’m still a free agent.

“You can’t prepare for this, but this is what’s in front of me right now. Me and a bunch of guys are getting through this together. Hopefully (teams) will feel more inclined to speed things up on their end.”

Cobb

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2018/02/orioles-remain-in-the-hunt-for-another-starting-pitcher.html

... monitor Francisco Liriano as a possible fallback option.

Right-handed pitchers on the free agent market are more plentiful and include Scott Feldman, who made 15 starts with the Orioles in 2013 and went 5-6 with a 4.27 ERA and 1.224 WHIP in 90 2/3 innings. Not an acceptable return for Arrieta. He made 21 starts with the Reds last summer and posted a 4.77 ERA and 1.356 WHIP in 111 1/3 innings, the National League Central failing to provide a soft landing. But don’t dismiss him.

There’s a perception in the industry that 43-year-old knuckleballer R.A. Dickey is leaning toward retirement, but he’s also a favorite of manager Buck Showalter so ... don’t dismiss him.

The Orioles had some interest in Trevor Cahill, but they seemed to have cooled on him. They attended Tim Lincecum’s showcase earlier this week and he reportedly was throwing 90-93 mph

Archived