Help me understand the Orioles brain trust

gtman55

As bad a Angelos is, we have had some winning ways recently and that's great. But the thing is, without Angelos's meddling, this team could have been so much more. For example, only one person in the world thought Chris Davis was worth 151 million. His name? Peter Angelos. That 151 million would have been better spent on a couple good starters. I mean, we had just signed Trumbo and him and Davis are very similar although Davis is a much better fielder.

Now because Angelos's 4 year deal with Ubaldo backfired, we can't sign a large portion of the free agents out there because he won't sign a pitcher to a long term deal. He has something against keeping our international slots and honestly I can't explain the logic.

He wanted the moon for Machado but at this point I would have taken some good prospects. I just don't think he in any way knows anything about baseball and yet he dictates all these restrictions to his baseball people.

I found an in interesting article called "Dreamcrushers" on Yahoo listing the worst owners in Sports. Of course Angelos is talked about. The article is a couple years old but the little blurb on Angelos is pretty accurate and sad:

Peter Angelos, Baltimore Orioles: A Baltimore product who led an ownership group to buy the hometown team in 1993, Angelos has nearly obliterated the Orioles’ legacy of success. The team has finished below .500 in 16 of his 20 seasons, including a run of 14 straight years that only ended with last year’s playoff berth. He’s chewed through managers like crab cakes, meddled in personnel decisions, and given Charm City little reason to hope for long-term success.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived