Legend_Of_Joey

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Great job Joey! 

If I had a gun to my head, I think it ends up a Joseph/Sisco share though Sisco could lose that if his defense still needs work this spring. 

I don’t think there’s any question that Sisco’s defense still needs work.   It’s just a matter of whether it’s below average but acceptable, or totally unacceptable.   I’m expecting Sisco’s defense to be a work in progress no matter what.   Hopefully John Russell and Caleb can help him continue to improve.  

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we have a relatively young and inexperienced rotation then I think it has to be a defensive minded catcher first and foremost. Caleb plays for me defensively, don't really know much about Wynns and Susac. I think our pitching staff will need all the help they can get, and a sub par defensive catcher would be a recipe for disaster.

8 minutes ago, theobird said:

If we have a relatively young and inexperienced rotation then I think it has to be a defensive minded catcher first and foremost. Caleb plays for me defensively, don't really know much about Wynns and Susac. I think our pitching staff will need all the help they can get, and a sub par defensive catcher would be a recipe for disaster.

I wholly agree. If/when they are ready to punt the season, Sisco will join the squad. But while they are still intent on competing this year, I can't see them planning on having Sisco catch nearly half of the innings.

18 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I don’t think there’s any question that Sisco’s defense still needs work.   It’s just a matter of whether it’s below average but acceptable, or totally unacceptable.   I’m expecting Sisco’s defense to be a work in progress no matter what.   Hopefully John Russell and Caleb can help him continue to improve.  

I don't either, but maybe I should have said "Whether Sisco's defense is found acceptable by Buck!"

1 minute ago, Beef Supreme said:

I wholly agree. If/when they are ready to punt the season, Sisco will join the squad. But while they are still intent on competing this year, I can't see them planning on having Sisco catch nearly half of the innings.

Late April leaves plenty of time for Sisco to catch half the innings.

2 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Great job Joey! 

If I had a gun to my head, I think it ends up a Joseph/Sisco share though Sisco could lose that if his defense still needs work this spring. If that happens Susec has the nod due to his major league experience but Wynns could very well steal it away with a great spring. This is definitely the best competition spot amongst the position players. 

Thanks Tony!

Do you fully expect them to keep 4 catchers on the 40 man with the starter and bullpen issues?

2 hours ago, theobird said:

I'm not that familiar with Susac as I haven't seen him, but the few reports I've read said he was atleast a decent to above average defender with a strong arm.

Wynns is an above average to plus defender with a strong arm. 

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Russell helped turn Caleb from a "bat first with no real position" minor leaguer into someone who gets a lot of rave reviews for his defense. 

I'm not sure what Joseph's starting point was, but there is some good if Sisco is starting off around that same spot.

Archived