O's Pitching Puzzle - Rule 5 and Options Edition

mdbdotcom

1 minute ago, Luke-OH said:

That's possible, but I'll believe they are going for it this year when they sacrifice future performance for present talent. I don't think Cashner counts, that was just a rotation stabilization move, not a competitive move. 

IMO  any time they spend money to get better in 2018 than the currently are is a competitive move.

6 minutes ago, now said:

Right, my bad, I found them. Thanks for all your excellent analysis!

No problem, I think I was pretty conservative with their rankings, since I hadn't seen a them in person (just video) and didn't want to get carried away. Araujo is on the list too, back outside the top 30.

22 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

No problem, I think I was pretty conservative with their rankings, since I hadn't seen a them in person (just video) and didn't want to get carried away. Araujo is on the list too, back outside the top 30. 

Fair enough... Please keep us posted when you get a live look!

Just now, now said:
25 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Fair enough... Please keep us posted when you get a live look!

Unfortunately, I won't be making it down to spring training this year, so the televised camera angle is the best I'll get. You can get an awful lot from good video, although nothing beats in-person looks.  

Archived