Danny Valencia signs with Orioles on a minor league contract

amdcpus

11 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

I don't know if they intend to bring Flaherty or not, but I don't think this Valencia move affects it one way or the other.  There is still that 25th spot where they need to decide among Alvarez, a MI, or an extra pitcher.

i do like the Valencia and Rasmus pick ups.  Very underrated.

They could surprise us and use that last spot for another outfielder.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

(MARCH 24th)

Danny Valencia will break camp with the Orioles.

https://twitter.com/masnRoch/status/977577790710140930

o

18 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Danny Valencia Makes Orioles Opening Day Roster

(By Eduardo A. Encina)

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-valencia-20180325-story.html

o

o

Not including when he hit a home run in an exhibition game a few weeks ago, this is the first time that I can do this in 4 and-a-half years ........

DANIEL PAUL VALENCIA   

DANIEL PAUL VALENCIA  

DANIEL PAUL VALENCIA  

DANIEL PAUL VALENCIA 

DANIEL PAUL VALENCIA 

DANIEL PAUL VALENCIA 

DANIEL PAUL VALENCIA

o

1 hour ago, OFFNY said:

o

Not including when he hit a home run in an exhibition game a few weeks ago, this is the first time that I can do this in 4 and-a-half years ........

o

o

Valencia, after hitting a home run in a game against the Red Sox in 2013.

The Orioles won the game in the bottom of the 13th inning on a 2-out, walk-off single by Chris Davis.

Boston Red Sox v Baltimore Orioles

o

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

If Valencia is the only UIF on  the team he can't DH.     He wouldn't be available to play in the field if he did.

So let's say the starter goes five. Beckham goes down in the sixth. DH Valencia moves to third. The Os lose the DH. Pitcher hits in the eighth. Sisco pinch hits. 

I guess that might work for one game. Right? I do know Buck prefers a different way. 

32 minutes ago, wildcard said:

If Valencia is the only UIF on  the team he can't DH.     He wouldn't be available to play in the field if he did.

That's why I see him playing a decent amount of RF or 1B.  I think that's how Buck will play it if there is no MI.

30 minutes ago, weams said:

So let's say the starter goes five. Beckham goes down in the sixth. DH Valencia moves to third. The Os lose the DH. Pitcher hits in the eighth. Sisco pinch hits. 

I guess that might work for one game. Right? I do know Buck prefers a different way. 

Manny throws his bat at a player and gets ejected in the first.  Valencia moves to the field and they lose the DH.  Givens gets hit by a pitch and breaks his hand.

36 minutes ago, weams said:

If a player is DHing I don't think he can move to the field.

45 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Manny throws his bat at a player and gets ejected in the first.  Valencia moves to the field and they lose the DH.  Givens gets hit by a pitch and breaks his hand.

Yep. That's a bat one. I'd move Jones to short in that instance. I would only us DH Valencia as a fielder late in the game. And why is the pitcher batting in the first and why is that pitcher Givens !!!!

59 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Manny throws his bat at a player and the ump makes him play 3B and ejects Beckham. 

2 hours ago, weams said:

This.   There’s always a way to get through one game.    I’d much rather have a guy who can hit and might get 10-20 at bats in critical spots than a guy who can’t hit but who can be Plan C in a game where Plans A and B have fallen by the wayside.   

Archived