Cut the Cord

srudden

I've posted in previous posts about this.  I cut the cord last year.  I was able to work around the MLB.tv blackout by using Unlocator and it worked without any issues.  I believe its like $5-6/mo or you can pay for the year.  Check it out

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2018 at 7:32 PM, Moose Milligan said:

This dude seems to be an Orioles fan and wrote a good guide:  https://www.groundedreason.com/how-to-watch-mlb-games-without-cable/

well we will see. i have a subscription to MLB.Tv and SmartDNS. Find out tomorrow if it works. Dont think it will since ill be using an older android phone on a hotspot connection from a new android phone, if that makes any sense.

53 minutes ago, NattyO's said:

well we will see. i have a subscription to MLB.Tv and SmartDNS. Find out tomorrow if it works. Dont think it will since ill be using an older android phone on a hotspot connection from a new android phone, if that makes any sense.

Heads up- 

I tried that smartDNS crap and I couldn't figure it out for the life of me.  Pretty sure I followed the directions to the T, unless I missed something.  I couldn't get it to work.

Did some more research and figured the best option would be to get an Asus router (more customizable) and upgrade the firmware with ExpressVPN.  

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Heads up- 

I tried that smartDNS crap and I couldn't figure it out for the life of me.  Pretty sure I followed the directions to the T, unless I missed something.  I couldn't get it to work.

Did some more research and figured the best option would be to get an Asus router (more customizable) and upgrade the firmware with ExpressVPN.  

I got a Netgear Nighthawk, loaded it with Tomato, and set it up as a Private Internet Access VPN client. It's not that easy to set up but there are good instructions out there. I'm always behind a VPN and never have to do anything else.

26 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Heads up- 

I guess ill find out. Im not real tech savy at all, so i have no idea how to do the router customization. I have MASN at home, and i work nights, so i just want something on my phone when im at work. 

26 minutes ago, Babypowder said:

I got a Netgear Nighthawk, loaded it with Tomato, and set it up as a Private Internet Access VPN client. It's not that easy to set up but there are good instructions out there. I'm always behind a VPN and never have to do anything else.

I checked that out but the ExpressVPN/Asus router combination seemed to be really straightforward and easy to do.  Essentially download the firmware, upload it to the router and should be good to go.  The Asus web interface seems easy enough to navigate.

Archived