Lining up the rotation

eddie83

Had some thoughts here. I know you could argue trying to “match-up” early on may not be a big deal. That said this is a team that optioned Chen in 2015,  their best pitcher to avoid a start vs Toronto. 

MINN March 29,31, April 1

@Hou A2-4

@NYY A5-8

TOR A9-11

@BOS A 13-16

I would start Gausman Opening Day. Allows him to face Houston 4/3 and NYY 4/8 first road trip of season and then at Boston 4/13 or 14.

I would hold Bundy off until the first road game in Houston. Allows him to face both Houston 4/2  and NYY 4/7 then at Boston 4/13 or 14. If not Bundy,  I pitch Cashner this spot. Other pitcher starts April 1. Then Yanks 4/6 . Either way both would face Boston on the road 4/16. 

I start Tillman March 31 vs Twins. Home game, nice place to start out. He then faces NY on road 4/5 but gets Toronto at home 4/10. 

The 5th starter goes on Wed April 4 at Houston. Also gets a start vs Toronto following week on 4/9. 

Team then has option of using either Tillman or number 5 in Boston on April 15. 

By doing all of this Tillman and the number 5 only face NYY and Houston a total of one start, both get the Jays at home and team can also avoid one having to pitch in Boston. 

9 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Yea someone should be able to figure out who Buck has lined up now to be the OD starter by looking at a calendar.  I think it will be Gausman.

Kevin is scheduled Thursday the 15th so he is going to have to pitch on short rest at some point to line up to pitch March 29. 

Who knows. 

2 hours ago, eddie83 said:

Kevin is scheduled Thursday the 15th so he is going to have to pitch on short rest at some point to line up to pitch March 29. 

Who knows. 

I think the odds are higher of KG pitching on short rest at some point than that he will slot as our #5. 

Archived