Jake Arrieta to the Phillies - 3/75M

Luke-OH

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

Apparently we were willing to go 3 for Lynn.

Yeah, saw that this morning.  I would hope his AL East familiarity and some of the other arbitrary metrics they use will convince them to give him 3 years 42 and get it done.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think Manny is going to make a stink in his walk year.

I think he will be all about doing what is best for the team.

There is a difference between making a stink and deciding to remove a team from the free agent sweepstakes...He has been pretty clear that any team wanting him after this year will be at shortstop.  So sure I suppose Philly could make him play third after trading for him and then have little chance at signing him after 2018...but I don’t see them doing that. 

1 minute ago, tntoriole said:

There is a difference between making a stink and deciding to remove a team from the free agent sweepstakes...He has been pretty clear that any team wanting him after this year will be at shortstop.  So sure I suppose Philly could make him play third after trading for him and then have little chance at signing him after 2018...but I don’t see them doing that. 

I don't believe that for a second.

Sure if two offers are close he'd pick the team that wanted him at shortstop but if a team is willing to pay a premium for him to play third I think he would.

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Sure if two offers are close he'd pick the team that wanted him at shortstop but if a team is willing to pay a premium for him to play third I think he would.

It's moot though.  No matter what the Phillies offer, the Orioles aren't smart enough to trade Manny.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I disagree.  I think it is a pride and ego thing for Manny to play short.  And he had zero problem kicking Beckham to 3b.  He sees himself similar to his idol and mentor ARod, imho.  I think Manny was a good soldier, grit  his teeth and played third because he had to, not because he wanted to.  And now he will be in a position where he will set the terms.     No way he goes to a team to play third, imho.  

1 minute ago, tntoriole said:

I disagree.  I think it is a pride and ego thing for Manny to play short.  And he had zero problem kicking Beckham to 3b.  He sees himself similar to his idol and mentor ARod, imho.  I think Manny was a good soldier, grit  his teeth and played third because he had to, not because he wanted to.  And now he will be in a position where he will set the terms.     No way he goes to a team to play third, imho.  

ARod moved to third.

Archived