NCAA OH Bracket

Rene88

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Frobby said:

Duke with two 25-point wins this weekend. They’re dangerous.  

o

The second win was much more impressive, because of the opponent.

I've seen Rhode Island play several times this season, and they can play ball.

o

o

After back-to-back appearances in the National Championship game in 2016 and 2017, North Carolina bowed out in the Round of 32 in 2018.

Texas A&M also scored a major upset over the Tar Heels in the round of 32 in 1980, when I was in 9th grade, and when Mike O'Koren was a senior.

After a scoreless overtime period, the Aggies outscored the Tar Heels by a 25-8 count in the 2nd overtime in that game from 38 years ago.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/boxscores/1980-03-08-north-carolina.html

o

21 hours ago, 25 Nuggets said:

BTW - could Kentucky be gift wrapped more of a Final Four appearance?  Geez

That depends on whether or not K-States leading scorer and rebounder, Dean Wade, can play next weekend. If he can, I would take K-Sate. They are awesome defensively, and Wade gives them enough punch to beat Kentucky.

On 3/17/2018 at 9:55 PM, Frobby said:

Duke with two 25-point wins this weekend. They’re dangerous.  

On 3/18/2018 at 12:09 PM, OFFNY said:

o

The second win was much more impressive, because of the opponent.

I've seen Rhode Island play several times this season, and they can play ball.

o

o

Myron Medcalf asserts that Duke is the 2nd-best teams of the 16 that are still standing in the tournament, behind Villanova.

With So Many Top Seeds Eliminated, It's Time to Re-seed the Sweet 16

(By Myron Medcalf)

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/22825232/ncaa-tournament-reseeding-sweet-16

o

Sunday killed my chances so... I'm pretty much down to rooting against Duke, Kansas and Kentucky.  Anyone else NOT in this boat?  :P

Another thing.  What are the chances the champion of this particular tournament get to keep its title?  I feel like it's a vacated title in waiting.

1 hour ago, 25 Nuggets said:

Sunday killed my chances so... I'm pretty much down to rooting against Duke, Kansas and Kentucky.  Anyone else NOT in this boat?  :P

Another thing.  What are the chances the champion of this particular tournament get to keep its title?  I feel like it's a vacated title in waiting.

I can tolerate Kansas winning, but yes rooting heavily against Duke and Kentucky. 

Kentucky has been gift wrapped a final four appearance if they don't screw it up.  

On 3/19/2018 at 12:07 AM, OFFNY said:

o

I picked Loyola-Illinois and Kansas to both reach the Elite Eight.

That's as far as it goes for me. None of my other picks (including those 2 teams) can go any further.

https://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1/597874

o

o

Loyola-Illinois has done it. They are in the Elite Eight for the time in 25 years, since they won the National Championship in 1963.

I'm still waiting on Kansas, but Loyola-Illinois (reaching the Elite Eight) was the best pick of the tournament for myself.

Image result for 1963 Loyola BASKETBALL newspaper

o

On 3/18/2018 at 1:43 AM, 25 Nuggets said:

BTW - could Kentucky be gift wrapped more of a Final Four appearance?  Geez

Kentucky's bracket must be too tough for them so the refs are trying to help them out more.  23 free throw attempts in first half.

1 hour ago, bpilktree67 said:

Kentucky's bracket must be too tough for them so the refs are trying to help them out more.  23 free throw attempts in first half.

And they still lost!  hahahaha

What an elite eight game - (9) K State vs (11) Loyola-Chicago

o

The last  time that Florida State was in the Elite Eight in 1993, they had a backcourt of Bob Sura and Charlie Ward.

They actually had an extremely small starting five that season, as they went with 3 guards (Sura, Ward, and Sam Cassell), and 2 forwards that were 6'7" and 6'9", respectively.

Image result for Bob Sura Florida State oooooooo Image result for Bob Sura Charlie Ward

o

On 3/18/2018 at 9:48 PM, theobird said:

That depends on whether or not K-States leading scorer and rebounder, Dean Wade, can play next weekend. If he can, I would take K-Sate. They are awesome defensively, and Wade gives them enough punch to beat Kentucky.

I believe I made that call. Lol. OK, I admit I am a KSU alumni. 

Archived