Teams (except O's) keep saying not in on Cobb.

HOF19

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, atomic said:

I doubt they get Angelos to agree to anything.  If they wanted Lynn they could have had him by offering him a 2 year 24 million dollar deal.  Probably get Cobb for the same.  I hope Cobb signs today so we can't stop worrying about the situation.  I wish baseball was like football and all the players signed pretty quickly.  This dragging out stuff is just annoying. 

Very doubtful,  Lynn turned the Twins down flat on a 2-year offer.

11 hours ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

Takes two to make a deal. Lynn is trying to rebuild value. That limits his upside. 

An article this morning suggests Lynn was seeking a 2 year deal from the Orioles. Guess they want to limit their commitments past 2018.

6 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

I do. I shared with Weams. I can't reveal, sorry. Same person saying Flaherty is all but a lock to return.

6 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

I do. I shared with Weams. I can't reveal, sorry. Same person saying Flaherty is all but a lock to return.

I don't doubt your source.  Unless Philly is offering something that the Orioles in good conscience shouldn't top (like 3 years 51 or higher), than this is extremely disappointing.

I could see Philly doubling down and grabbing Cobb, but don't buy this until I see it from a reputable source. From the days of BRob to the Cubs fiasco to today...I can't put merit in anything until it's coming from a repeatedly proven source.

As for Flaherty, I wouldn't doubt that either, but would also find that disappointing.

2 hours ago, Rene88 said:

This person would have to know that the Phillies intend to cut him AND that the Orioles intend to pick him up. That feels like too much knowledge for me to give your source much credit. Is it likely? Sure. But I don't see how it's able to be confirmed at this moment. 

2 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

I believe Rene has a legitimate source telling him these things; I just hope his source is wrong re: Cobb.

Not to bring any politics into it, but didn't he also say his source said McMaster was getting fired? What kind of source is plugged into politics and baseball? Not trying to blast Rene, just being a skeptic! 

I think Cobb makes sense for the Phillies though, unfortunately. They're doing smart things over there. Sup, MacPhail. Miss ya, bud. 

3 hours ago, Rene88 said:

At least we get Flaherty back. OD bench of 

Backup C

Santander COF

Valencia 1B/3B

Flaherty IF/COF

Gentry, Rickard and Co. battle it out once Santander’s 44 days are up. 

36 minutes ago, interloper said:

Not to bring any politics into it, but didn't he also say his source said McMaster was getting fired? What kind of source is plugged into politics and baseball? Not trying to blast Rene, just being a skeptic! 

I think Cobb makes sense for the Phillies though, unfortunately. They're doing smart things over there. Sup, MacPhail. Miss ya, bud. 

Ha! No I read that on Twitter as I was typing the post. I can reveal that source:)-it was Doug Kass on Twitter (good friend of Jim Palmer's actually-co-wrote a book with him I believe). 

Archived