Who gets DFA'd to make room for Rasmus, Gentry, Valencia and Joely?

wildcard

Right now I see these 4 non rostered players making the Opening Day roster.  Of Course it could change.

Here are the four players I see getting DFA'd to make room for them:

Ynoa, Mesa, Kelly, and Tillman 

How do you see this happening?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Right now I see these 4 non rostered players making the Opening Day roster.  Of Course it could change.

Kelly and Crichton would be the first two I'd guess. Tillman and Ynoa aren't going anywhere.

28 minutes ago, wildcard said:

So you have Arajuo, Cortes, and Joely making the pen?  That means Mesa, Wright and Ynoa have to get DFAd. 

After that Kelly and Vielma seem like obvious choices. 

Trickster moves: Ynoa to DL(doesn’t buy roster spot but delays a DFA decision. Chris Lee to the 60 man DL. Mesa to the DL with an injury. 

5 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

So you have Arajuo, Cortes, and Joely making the pen?  That means Mesa, Wright and Ynoa have to get DFAd. 

Trickster moves: Ynoa to DL(doesn’t buy roster spot but delays a DFA decision. Chris Lee to the 60 man DL. Mesa to the DL with an injury. 

Yeah, I think Ynoa could see the DL. I keep forgetting Vielma is on the 40 man, but he's a good DFA candidate as well. Wright makes the team in wildcard's scenario because the scenario involves a Tillman DFA (which isn't happening).

37 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Kelly and Crichton would be the first two I'd guess. Tillman and Ynoa aren't going anywhere.

Ynoa is not making the opening day roster IMO.   They probably do not DL him because  that uses a 40 man roster spot.   I think the O's wait until the day before Opening Day and put him through waivers and then outright him to AAA.

Tillman still has two starts in ST to show he belongs in the rotation.   He has to pitch better. Much better.   If they DFA him where is he going?  No other team he going to pick up his 3M contract.    He will clear waivers.   Then what minor league organization does he want to be in?     He can pitch at Bowie and Frederick and hang with the Orioles at Camden Yard when they are home.   I see him signing a  minor league contract with the O's.

Now if Tillman shows much better in his last two ST outings he is in the rotation.  Odds are against it right now though.

37 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I have Wright and Cortes in the rotation right now.  Could change.

Lee to the 60 day DL is a interesting idea.   I don't know if the doctors will support it though.

3 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

Agreed.  Especially Tillman.  He'll be given multiple starts in April and probably early May at least in an effort to see if he can return to form.

2 hours ago, wildcard said:

Lee to the 60 day DL is a interesting idea.   I don't know if the doctors will support it though.

The doctors on the Orioles payroll? Um, yeah, I think they will be on board. 

4 hours ago, wildcard said:

Certainly not Tillman. He's one of Bucks boys. 

2 hours ago, wildcard said:

1 minute ago, Ohfan67 said:

The doctors on the Orioles payroll? Um, yeah, I think they will be on board. 

Guys,

Get real, even in ideal situations, the oblique strain in a SOB to heal.

Why do you think they would question this move to the DL?

Just now, Redskins Rick said:

Guys,

Get real, even in ideal situations, the oblique strain in a SOB to heal.

Why do you think they would question this move to the DL?

I was being real. No one is going to question the move. 

19 minutes ago, esmd said:

Agreed.  Especially Tillman.  He'll be given multiple starts in April and probably early May at least in an effort to see if he can return to form.

I can see it now, Tillman early DFA  and ends up elsewhere and back to pitching well, then every single poster that wanted Tillman gone, will be complaining that the org cut him too soon.

Archived