Cobb only thread

interloper

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

BB-ref and fangraphs differ.   Fangraphs has it at $11.2, $12.2, $13 and $13.5.   But BB-ref has the first two years at $11.25 and $12.25.    I concur, BB-ref is probably right.   Fangraphs also says Ubaldo had incentives of “$400K each for both 32 GS and 200 IP.”     He did start 32 games in 2015, so if I’m reading that right, he got an extra $400K on top of his guaranteed salary.

Ubaldo probably had the best physical out there. That’s why we gave him 4 years.  Cobb is 2-3 years removed from TJ. 

Without derailing another Cobb thread.... I honestly don’t think DD has the power to do Multi year Cobb deal. It would have to be a Brady thing and we all know how much Brady loves Mike Wright. 

You want Cobb?  Root for Mike Wright to get shelled(injury free) in next start. That way Buck can sit Brady down and say your boy is a Middle reliever at best, and go get me Cobb. 

It’s a home game start against the Jays tomorrow. Which means a AAA lineup. Watch Wright go 5 IP strong. 

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Ubaldo probably had the best physical out there. That’s why we gave him 4 years.  Cobb is 2-3 years removed from TJ. 

Without derailing another Cobb thread.... I honestly don’t think DD has the power to do Multi year Cobb deal. It would have to be a Brady thing and we all know how much Brady loves Mike Wright. 

You want Cobb?  Root for Mike Wright to get shelled(injury free) in next start. That way Buck can sit Brady down and say your boy is a Middle reliever at best, and go get me Cobb. 

It’s a home game start against the Jays tomorrow. Which means a AAA lineup. Watch Wright go 5 IP strong. 

I’m not sure we know what power (if any) DD has anymore. Especially when you’re citing Brady as Buck’s go-to guy to make a deal.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

BB-ref and fangraphs differ.   Fangraphs has it at $11.2, $12.2, $13 and $13.5.   But BB-ref has the first two years at $11.25 and $12.25.    I concur, BB-ref is probably right.   Fangraphs also says Ubaldo had incentives of “$400K each for both 32 GS and 200 IP.”     He did start 32 games in 2015, so if I’m reading that right, he got an extra $400K on top of his guaranteed salary.

Meh, Fangraphs.

I joke. Nice catch on the inventives.

13 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

OK ........ besides myself, who has gone to google and typed in the words "Alex Cobb" about 397 times over the past 72 hours since Lance Lynn and Jake Arrieta signed with other teams ???

o

Cobb just needs to sign somewhere anywhere. I don't care if it is in the Japanese league at this point. I just want it to end.   

9 minutes ago, pdiddy said:

I read recently that Cobb might not have been the miserable bastard he's been portrayed as. Was interesting...I'll see if I can find it.

Charlie Leershen put out a book on him not too long ago.  It goes into how some Cobb myths have been exaggerated.

1 minute ago, backwardsk said:

Charlie Leershen put out a book on him not too long ago.  It goes into how some Cobb myths have been exaggerated.

Well, of course they were.    That’s the way of the world.    But Cobb was a dislikable guy.   

28 minutes ago, pdiddy said:

I read recently that Cobb might not have been the miserable bastard he's been portrayed as. Was interesting...I'll see if I can find it.

Yeah. They had a whitewash apologists book out. 

Archived