Cobb to Orioles (Confirmed by Roch Kubatko)

Greg

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Orioles have called in renowned internist Dr. Vinnie Boom Bats to oversee the physical. His team expects to finish shortly before the All Star break. There will be white smoke if he passes and gray if he fails.

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I’d prefer they extend Gausman if they think he’s a keeper. If not, then yes. You trade him for multiple minor leaguers who have demonstrated some success or your scouts like instead of letting him waltz for a comp pick. 

I wish they would have signed Machado 4 years ago long term... but they didn’t. 

Now it's about Schoop and maybe even Beckham if he has a good season.

9 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

Orrrr, $15 mil a year is still below what people thought he would get ($18-20)

If the Yankees or Dodgers weren't fighting the luxury tax, Cobb would've gotten 18-20 imo.

I like that Cashner and Cobb can "tutor" our younger arms i.e. show them different grips that work for them; give them personal approaches they have on specific hitters etc. That kind of thing is underestimated imo.

3 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

Orioles have called in renowned internist Dr. Vinnie Boom Bats to oversee the physical. His team expects to finish shortly before the All Star break. There will be white smoke if he passes and gray if he fails.

1 minute ago, 25 Nuggets said:

Now it's about Schoop and maybe even Beckham if he has a good season.

Yes... I obviously didn’t mean they should trade Gausman now. But you have to evaluate what you’ve got and try to get them before their arbitration numbers get out of hand.

The Orioles rarely do that.

Schoop is a perfect example. Gotta think ahead if you’re not going to spend big.

Archived