Resigning Manny-Dan or Brady?

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Sanfran327 said:

If it's truly not about the money, as Manny has said about 37 times now.

When they say it's not about the money,  it's about the money.  Machado is looking forward to testing Free Agency and seeing what and where his options are.  And  I  doubt he wants to be distracted during the season with new contract negotiations.

There is no way in hell it's not about that money. It may not end up being about the money if, say, Team A says "$300m" and Team B says "$300m" and he likes the city/opportunity more in another city. But it almost always is *first and foremost* about money with people like Machado, Harper, etc. Money is tied to respect, so they're linked at the hip.

I don't know.  I am not going to speculate this season on where Manny ends up.  I will enjoy watching him play.  If we have a shot at signing him I don't care whos "in charge" and I doubt the Os do either.  If an obese lady in section 131 can sign the deal mid hot dog send her to talk to Manny.  Let her be the GM for the day.   

6 hours ago, LookitsPuck said:

There is no way in hell it's not about that money. It may not end up being about the money if, say, Team A says "$300m" and Team B says "$300m" and he likes the city/opportunity more in another city. But it almost always is *first and foremost* about money with people like Machado, Harper, etc. Money is tied to respect, so they're linked at the hip.

That may be. But to me their definition of respect is a poor one. Maybe that's why I am not to keen on Manny. Self centered folks I don't care much for. IMO 

45 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

I've said for two years; I would offer 10/300. At least it's a fair deal and we can say we truly tried.

No way I would offer him that deal. That would end up being a terrible deal for the club.  Why have another albatros of a contract. We already have Davis contract.  

Archived