2018 Dylan Bundy

Il BuonO

40 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Do you mean post surgery or ever?

Because there is a fair amount of data showing him throwing in the upper 90's as a high schooler and his first year in the minors.

Now if you don't want to believe the claims of hitting 100 during bullpens that I'm fine with.

For the record Brooks Baseball has him as high as 96.67 with his 4 seam.  (MLB innings only)

http://www.brooksbaseball.net/velo.php?player=605164&time=&startDate=03/30/2007&endDate=03/30/2018&s_type=2

They have him maxing out over 98 mph in three consecutive games in 2016, including this one where he maxed out at 98.6 and averaged 96.9:  http://www.brooksbaseball.net/pfxVB/pfx.php?s_type=3&sp_type=1&batterX=0&year=2016&month=7&day=6&pitchSel=605164.xml&game=gid_2016_07_06_balmlb_lanmlb_1/&prevGame=gid_2016_07_06_balmlb_lanmlb_1/

I think he’s capable of dialing it up a bit more than he did yesterday.    But he’s better off not doing that.   

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Frobby said:

Pounded the strike zone and was incredibly pitch-efficient.   He would have gone at least one more inning later in the year.   

This is something I haven't seen with an O's pitcher since Mussina. I  can't say Bundy will have that type of success, but he at least goes at hitters every game.

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Do you mean post surgery or ever?

Because there is a fair amount of data showing him throwing in the upper 90's as a high schooler and his first year in the minors.

Now if you don't want to believe the claims of hitting 100 during bullpens that I'm fine with.

For the record Brooks Baseball has him as high as 96.67 with his 4 seam.  (MLB innings only)

http://www.brooksbaseball.net/velo.php?player=605164&time=&startDate=03/30/2007&endDate=03/30/2018&s_type=2

Hmm.  I meant "ever."  i stand corrected on that.  I meant more as a starter, so I"m discounting his early MLB velo since he was mostly a reliever then.  However, seeing his max velo as a reliever, it seems likely that he could air it out if he needed.  (His fastest 4-seamer in the MLB actually 98.5.) 

20 hours ago, Il BuonO said:

He strikes me as a guy with a plan, knows how he wants to attack each hitter and knows what’s working. His demeanor out there is a big difference plus, too. Never see him rattled.

I agree. I love his style. It helps that he often has 3-4 things working.

I'm still upset he didn't get the win. We got to find us a closer. I think our starting pitching will be much better this year. The bullpen worries me. I sure Buck and DD will find a answer. We are going to be fine. Don't freak out on the blown save from yesterday. We shall overcome.

4 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

It looked like he was getting more armside run on his FB at 93-94 than it was at 91-92, which was interesting to me. Something I'll be keeping an eye on.

o

What does that mean?

And is that good, bad, or not necessarily either?

Thanks in advance.

o

1 minute ago, OFFNY said:

o

What does that mean?

And is it good, bad, or not necessarily either?

Thanks in advance.

o

Movement is generally good as it helps straight pitches like FBs stay off barrels. It's interesting because FBs generally straighten out when overthrown, so that's a good sign that 93-94 seems to be a velocity range at which Bundy is still staying within himself. 

1 minute ago, Luke-OH said:

Movement is generally good as it helps straight pitches like FBs stay off barrels. It's interesting because FBs generally straighten out when overthrown, so that's a good sign that 93-94 seems to be a velocity range at which Bundy is still staying within himself. 

I think he meant ‘armside run’. I’ll let you explain.

5 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

o

OK, thanks.

I knew that movement on a fastball was generally a good thing, but I wasn't sure what you meant in the way that you worded it.

It's good to know that Bundy had some of it yesterday.

o

44 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

OK, thanks.

I knew that movement on a fastball was generally a good thing, but I wasn't sure what you meant in the way that you worded it.

It's good to know that Bundy had some of it yesterday.

o

My bad, armside run means that the pitch moves towards the side of the pitcher's ar. FBs often have some sort of armside run, 2S FBs generally moreso than 4S. Cutters or cut-fastballs have gloveside run, or movement toward the pitcher's glove side.

Example of 2S late armside run.(Mike Wright)

22 hours ago, OrioleDog said:

5 more days to dream those budding Mussina-type dreams.  I loved the strikeout of Buxton on 3 straight sliders - he was smart enough to see it working and didn't need to outsmart himself.

Tuesday night:   Bundy vs Verlander.

Appointment television.

o

lIn his first outing, lBundy threw 88 pitches over 7 full innings.

lIn today's outing, .Bundy threw 98 pitches over 6 full innings.

18 OUTS: ) 8 Strikeouts, 5 Groundouts, 2 Flyouts, 2 Lineouts, 1 Foulout

DYLAN MATTHEW BUNDY )))))))) (vs. ASTROS, 4/04)

IP:llll.6

H:lllll. ) l(1 Double, 4 Singles)

R:lllll  2

BB:llll2

SO:llll8

Pitches: l) 98  )(66 )Strikes, )32)Balls)

2018 ERA: l)  1.38 )  13.00 IP  (2 Runs) 

2018 WHIP: l)  1.000  )  13.00 IP  (13 H/BB) 

2018 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: l)  .222  )(10 for 45)

PITCHES BY INNING  

13  lll(91 l.Strikes, ll.41 l.Balls)

24  lll(13 llStrikes, ll11 ll.Balls)

18  lll(12 llStrikes, lll61 llBalls)

18  lll(14 llStrikes, lll41 llBalls)

91  lll(71 l.Strikes, lll21 llBalls)

16  lll(11 llStrikes, lll51 llBalls)

o

Archived