Alex Cobb and minor league baseball

Diehard_O's_Fan

o

While we're on the subject, if Cobb gets his shinbone broken on a line drive back to the mound, would that necessarily be the fault of the ball being used? You could argue of the ball was different the pitch would have come out of his hands just a tad differently, and subsequently been hit slightly differently by the batter, and therefore may have missed his shinbone by an inch or two.

Aside from Alex Cobb and his rehab outing, I do find it rather peculiar that Minor League baseball, with its direct affiliation to Major League baseball, would not use the same balls in order to save some money. They really ought to use the same balls, regardless of the cost factor so that pitchers would not have to get acclimated to the different balls used between the Majors and the Minors. They could probably save a few additional bucks by using aluminum bats in the Minor Leagues also, but I don't think that that would be a good idea, either.

o

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Can the board calm down now that Cobb can use MLB balls?  I've seen a lot of crazy stuff on here over the years but this overreaction is near the top.

That is what happens when Buck riles them up.

Buck took to the media to get his Cobb the balls he wanted and it worked.

2 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

o

Season saved.

What a relief.

And we owe it all to Joe McEacharn (whom I didn't even know existed until I read this post.) I love that man.

o

1 hour ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Nevermind.

Why won't they just let him use the balls?   Having a major league pitcher pitching would only help attendance.  Makes zero sense since they let guys on rehab assignments.  Also how much would it cost them to just use MLB balls for every game?  

Archived