I Really Thought Manny Was Going To Get Off To A Blazing Start.

ORIOLE33

He wants all this money, is it to much to ask our supposedly best player to carry this team for a while? After such a good spring, I actually predicted this to be Manny’s best year and possibly be the AL MVP. 

I get it, the season just got started, but after last year, the last thing this team needs is for Manny to have a prolonged slump.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

Manny will be fine, although I've never understood why people think he will get a richer contract than Harper.

I doubt he will, but Harper has gotten hurt quite often and doesn’t play a premium defensive position.  Harper certainly has the higher ceiling when healthy and is a better hitter.

5 hours ago, Frobby said:

Manny is hitting .278 with a .409 OBP.    How is that a prolonged slump, or any kind of slump?   Granted, he hasn’t got the power bat going yet, but those things go in waves.    

Manny's numbers should be higher considering he has an on base machine hitting ahead of him :)

One thing I've noticed with Manny, in his torrid spring and these few cooler ML games, he seems to be seeing the ball really well. Good sliders, that Adam or Schoop would swing and miss, Manny isn't even close to swinging. Totally calm. He is going to RAKE this year.

Manny got off to a slow start last year. I'm sure at some point the power numbers will show. Hopefully, much sooner than later.

Split G GS PA AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS TB GDP HBP SH SF IBB ROE BAbip tOPS+ sOPS+
April/March 23 23 102 85 10 19 5 0 4 13 1 1 16 18 .224 .343 .424 .767 36 3 0 0 1 1 2 .234 101 112
May 27 27 122 115 12 22 5 0 6 12 1 0 6 31 .191 .238 .391 .629 45 1 1 0 0 0 1 .205 60

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, ChuckS said:

How much is a half season of an MVP candidate at the SS position worth?

Maybe more than 1 1/2 seasons of Machado last July.  Really hope this organization does the right thing and trades him for max return ASAP. 

I wish but I don't think so.

Archived