Release Alvarez now

eddie83

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

If he gets claimed the O's are off the hook for almost a million.

Of course he won't get claimed, he had an opt out last year and didn't use it, I'm guessing it isn't because he enjoyed Norfolk.

If it wasn't for the O's he'd be on this third year in the KBO.

In fairness we out bid them too....

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, birdwatcher55 said:

I would like to see Mullins too. Start the rebuild. This season is over once we leave NY. 

I am a HUGE Mullings fan. He can play now defensively, but not offensively. Needs more time.

I don’t see his role on this team right now. He’s not playing. Santander is looking good. 

We sure could use an 8th man in the pen. Brach, O’day, and Givens, have already pitched a lot. My pick would be Joely Rodriguez. He has an option. So it’s going to get used at some point. Better to add him to the 40 man now, rather than lose him to an opt out clause. 

29 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I don’t see his role on this team right now. He’s not playing. Santander is looking good. 

We sure could use an 8th man in the pen. Brach, O’day, and Givens, have already pitched a lot. My pick would be Joely Rodriguez. He has an option. So it’s going to get used at some point. Better to add him to the 40 man now, rather than lose him to an opt out clause. 

Agreed.  Would rather have the pitching depth, since Alvarez isn't even guaranteed a start when the starting pitcher is a righty.  

Ohmighod...!!! In the 14th inning, score tied 3-3, bases loaded, 1 out. Pedro Alvarez walks up to the plate. I groaned, thinking that Alvarez would hit into a double play and the game would finally end in the 20th inning. I think that maybe tomorrow, they would release him.

One pitch,, one swing of Pedro's bat. And the ball goes sailing into the night into the seats. Grand slam!!!  

Maybe I ll be ready to release him next week or next year or trade him for Ubaldo or Travis Snyder. But right now, he is The Hero Who Came Through.??

3 minutes ago, Nevermore said:

Ohmighod...!!! In the 14th inning, score tied 3-3, bases loaded, 1 out. Pedro Alvarez walks up to the plate. I groaned, thinking that Alvarez would hit into a double play and the game would finally end in the 20th inning. I think that maybe tomorrow, they would release him.

One pitch,, one swing of Pedro's bat. And the ball goes sailing into the night into the seats. Grand slam!!!  

Maybe I ll be ready to release him next week or next year or trade him for Ubaldo or Travis Snyder. But right now, he is The Hero Who Came Through.??

I like Pedro up in that situation more than probably 2/3 of the team. 

Although he K's quite a bit he typically has decent at bats and doesn't get himself out. 

Álvarez on what he was looking for in the 14th: “Just looking for a pitch up that I can drive, and at least get a ball deep enough to get a sac fly or something. Obviously, they’re trying to get a double play. I’m trying to see something more up, and put a good swing on it.”

Álvarez on team finally breaking through: “Obviously, it’s huge. Any time you can come through and help out with a W, it’s huge. But it was a good game, a well-fought game on both ends. A tribute to both our pitching and, sometimes, it just takes one pitch. Obviously, that was the case today.”

Álvarez on staying ready: “Just like everyone else, we all stay ready for whenever our name is called out there. When our time comes, we have to be ready. So whether it’s playing there today or you get a couple days off playing, there’s no excuse not to be ready and to not be in the game and be able to contribute whenever you need to.”

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2018/04/wrapping-up-a-7-3-14-inning-win.html

8 hours ago, ChuckS said:

I like Pedro up in that situation more than probably 2/3 of the team. 

Although he K's quite a bit he typically has decent at bats and doesn't get himself out. 

This is my feeling on him.  I think given the chance would hit well for us in the DH role.  I like him more than Trumbo in this regard.  I would platoon him some against LH starters.

Archived