Think Sisco makes that 1-2-5?

interloper

4 minutes ago, interloper said:

I think being skeptical of Sisco's defense is a pretty normal and reasonable thing to talk about on a baseball forum that is usually pretty skeptical about defense. I like the kid and he's going to be very good. I'm just not sure he's going to very good defensively this year. He might be! And that would be a lot of fun. 

Who knows if Sisco would have made it.  Probably not.   But on the other hand, Sisco isn't 2-for-23 with 11 strikeouts and a career OPS in the Kiko Garcia range.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Who knows if Sisco would have made it.  Probably not.   But on the other hand, Sisco isn't 2-for-23 with 11 strikeouts and a career OPS in the Kiko Garcia range.

No, but he does have 9 k's in less ABs. And just two more hits. ;) 

2 hours ago, interloper said:

Right. These kinds of exercises are mostly useless, because time and space doesn't really work like this. 

That said, I remain skeptical of Sisco's overall defensive ability and game awareness until proven wrong, which I expect to be eventually. We just don't know enough about him in games yet.

I think Joseph made a great play that most catchers probably wouldn’t have made, and Sisco almost certainly wouldn’t have.   I doubt Sisco (or most catchers) would have executed the flip play to Givens, either.

That said, it’s not like Caleb is always perfect on defense, either.   I’m happy with how Sisco has played defensively so far.    He’s doing fine for a rookie and I’m fine with how Buck has split the duties to this point.   

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

No one has suggested that he's going to be "very good defensively this year".  Unless of course Bordick said something of that nature and I missed it.

It is just amusing how you have made it a personal crusade to publicly doubt a good young prospect at every chance.

I've just been sitting back while folks have said:

Buck won't let him on the team.

Have to play defense or you won't play for Buck.

Dan might put him on the team but Buck won't play him.

Teams will be running all over him.

And here he is, on the team, playing and with a 40% CS rate.

Everyone has their causes, don’t they? ?

3 hours ago, survivedc said:

For one thing it's nice to have Sisco on the bench watching, maybe he makes that play down the road. Caleb seems like a good guy to study under

Sisco will be top dog soon enough. 

32 minutes ago, weams said:

Sisco will be top dog soon enough. 

:bangwall:

He has gotten a bit better on defense but has had some good luck.

His bat has been poor so far. Gifted a double by the Twins (home cooking, could of been an error, similar to the Mancini thing in Houston) and the "bunt heard around Twitter."

Caleb is doing good so far and isn't playing like a veteran who should get replaced.

Archived