Glenn Davis or Chris Davis?

MagicBird

11 hours ago, atomic said:

Definitely Glenn.   Also Glenn seemed like a terrible person.  

You are entitled to your opinion and clearly state it as an opinion.  I have never met him, but in spite of his utter lack of success here, he seemed to be a decent guy.  Also, last year during the Orioles 25th year celebration, he returned and took part knowing the fans in general may not appreciate him.  That alone to me is pretty cool.  I was there, and I was very surprised to see Glenn Davis there, but pleasantly so...

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Not sure what you meant by the “hitting to extremely low leverage” comment.   Per BB-ref, Davis has a career .871 OPS in high leverage situations.    So I don’t think that particular criticism is fair.

I’m just trying to figure out if he’s just in a slump, or completely finished as a major league player.

That says average. 

5 hours ago, atomic said:

That says average. 

Now that you’ve edited it.   When I quoted it, it clearly said leverage, not average.    But in any event, I’m sure you probably meant to say average.   It’s certainly true that Davis has hit for a very low average at times.   

6 hours ago, Frobby said:

Not sure what you meant by the “hitting to extremely low leverage” comment.   Per BB-ref, Davis has a career .871 OPS in high leverage situations.    So I don’t think that particular criticism is fair.

I’m just trying to figure out if he’s just in a slump, or completely finished as a major league player.

You may have missed it, but in another thread Luke said that in all of 2017 Davis pulled exactly one hard-hit fastball to right field. To me, that's a pretty clear sign that he's done.

46 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

You may have missed it, but in another thread Luke said that in all of 2017 Davis pulled exactly one hard-hit fastball to right field. To me, that's a pretty clear sign that he's done.

I didn’t miss it.   But Luke later showed the same numbers for 2015 and 2016, and they weren’t much different.    Don’t get me wrong, I’m not encouraged, but we have to hold out some hope for a bit longer.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Now that you’ve edited it.   When I quoted it, it clearly said leverage, not average.    But in any event, I’m sure you probably meant to say average.   It’s certainly true that Davis has hit for a very low average at times.   

Your quote has average.   

Just now, Frobby said:

Weird, I thought it said leverage when I re-checked it.   Maybe I should get my eyes checked.   

I thought it was possible due to auto correct but then realized I don't know how to edit posts on here. 

21 hours ago, atomic said:

Definitely Glenn.   Also Glenn seemed like a terrible person.  

Glenn Davis is a born-again Christian. Doesn't drink, doesn't fight. He was out with teammates after a game, tried to remove one of them from a bad situation, and was suckerpunched from behind by a bouncer and had his jaw broken. None of this means he wasn't a bad person, but this is in no way evidence that he was one. He suffered through an incredibly medically rare nerve injury and got Bucknered out of Baltimore through little/no fault of his own. His name is rightfully a groan-inducing reminder of the worst trade in O's history, but let's cut the guy a break unless we actually know something damning.

I don't post much here, but this has to be my 3rd or 4th time adding this perspective to this story. Not sure why I feel so compelled to defend the guy. Probably those unresolved daddy issues cropping up again.

6 minutes ago, beervendor said:

Glenn Davis is a born-again Christian. Doesn't drink, doesn't fight. He was out with teammates after a game, tried to remove one of them from a bad situation, and was suckerpunched from behind by a bouncer and had his jaw broken. None of this means he wasn't a bad person, but this is in no way evidence that he was one. He suffered through an incredibly medically rare nerve injury and got Bucknered out of Baltimore through little/no fault of his own. His name is rightfully a groan-inducing reminder of the worst trade in O's history, but let's cut the guy a break unless we actually know something damning.

I don't post much here, but this has to be my 3rd or 4th time adding this perspective to this story. Not sure why I feel so compelled to defend the guy. Probably those unresolved daddy issues cropping up again.

Well he said he liked to beat people up badly in high school.   Said he didn't kill anyone but claim close a couple of times.   He also said he like getting drunk all the time. 

He got thrown out if Baltimore for fighting with the manager for not being in the line up.   

Maybe he changed after he left baseball.  

Archived