Glenn Davis or Chris Davis?

MagicBird

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glenn Davis.

If the Orioles don't make that trade and those players progress in Baltimore like they did for the rest of their careers, the 90s are probably very different for this franchise.

Schilling is a hall of fame talent,  Harnisch was very good at the time and Finley turned into a really nice power/speed guy.  You'd have a rotation with Mussina, Schilling and Harnisch and an outfield with Finley, Brady and Devo.  They'd catch everything.  The lineup would have been more well rounded with Finley and Brady at the top, two 30 steal guys.  

12 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Glenn Davis.

If the Orioles don't make that trade and those players progress in Baltimore like they did for the rest of their careers, the 90s are probably very different for this franchise.

Schilling is a hall of fame talent,  Harnisch was very good at the time and Finley turned into a really nice power/speed guy.  You'd have a rotation with Mussina, Schilling and Harnisch and an outfield with Finley, Brady and Devo.  They'd catch everything.  The lineup would have been more well rounded with Finley and Brady at the top, two 30 steal guys.  

Might have won a world series in 96 or 97 too.  

6 hours ago, atomic said:

Definitely Glenn.   Also Glenn seemed like a terrible person.  

Expectations were high for Glenn.  He should have hit a ton of home runs in Baltimore. 

Why do u say he was a terrible person?   Because of the fight?   

9 hours ago, TINSTAAPP said:

It would be a lot easier to resign or at least make a very lucrative offer to Machado without Davis' contract in the books....

I think this is my biggest issue with CD. His contract is going to prevent us from being able to resign Machado. We likely wouldn't be able to do it anyway, but that contract really doesn't help.

1 minute ago, spleen1015 said:

I think this is my biggest issue with CD. His contract is going to prevent us from being able to resign Machado. We likely wouldn't be able to do it anyway, but that contract really doesn't help.

Machado is going to prevent us from being able to resign Machado.

Chris Davis was not a good move and it will get more painful from here.  The amount of money committed can also continue to damage other options going forward so, measuring the "total loss" is incomplete at this time.  Davis could also rebound somehow and earn more of his money.

All of that said, Glenn Davis will be tough, very tough to top as the worst move ever by the Orioles.

18 minutes ago, foxfield said:

Chris Davis was not a good move and it will get more painful from here.  The amount of money committed can also continue to damage other options going forward so, measuring the "total loss" is incomplete at this time.  Davis could also rebound somehow and earn more of his money.

All of that said, Glenn Davis will be tough, very tough to top as the worst move ever by the Orioles.

Chris Davis is just completely mentally lost right now on the field. I've never seen anything like this. He has no clue at the plate and he will cost us games as long as he is in the line-up. The team needs to figure out something. 

13 minutes ago, pastorfan said:

Chris Davis is just completely mentally lost right now on the field. I've never seen anything like this. He has no clue at the plate and he will cost us games as long as he is in the line-up. The team needs to figure out something. 

I feel like if he'd cheat fastball and swing, he'd at least luck into a few HRs before adjustments were made.  He's getting hittable fastball after hittable fastball.

2 hours ago, MagicBird said:

Expectations were high for Glenn.  He should have hit a ton of home runs in Baltimore. 

Why do u say he was a terrible person?   Because of the fight?   

The fight he yelled at Oates for being left out of the line-up and told the club he wanted to be released as plenty of teams wanted him where he could play. I guess he failed to mention that these clubs were minor league clubs.

Anyway I hated the Glenn Davis trade the second I heard it.  You don't trade two good young pitchers and a center fielder for a first baseman who hit 22 home runs and batted .269 the year before.   Never understood that trade.

Never a Chris Davis fan either.  Can't stand players like him.  Always going for the home run no matter what the count and the siutation, striking out a ton, hitting to extremely low average.  I have no idea why the team signed him to that crazy contract.  But at the time I was like its not my money. Maybe we can get one decent year out of Davis.  

1 hour ago, atomic said:

Never a Chris Davis fan either.  Can't stand players like him.  Always going for the home run no matter what the count and the siutation, striking out a ton, hitting to extremely low average.  I have no idea why the team signed him to that crazy contract.  But at the time I was like its not my money. Maybe we can get one decent year out of Davis.  

Not sure what you meant by the “hitting to extremely low leverage” comment.   Per BB-ref, Davis has a career .871 OPS in high leverage situations.    So I don’t think that particular criticism is fair.

I’m just trying to figure out if he’s just in a slump, or completely finished as a major league player.

Archived