Frobby

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Roy Firestone said:

Even in a rebuild with patient fans...there has to be a desire to want to see the Oriole players perform. I do not believe theres a single player on our roster that is compelling enough for a family of four to plunk down good money to see play.Fan loyalty is one thing..but Its still an entertainment business, thats why people continue to come out to watch Tom Cruise. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I understand the reality of a rebuild...but if theres not an exciting and entertaining team to watch... people will "DEFINITELY NOT COME, RAY." 

If you rebuild it, they will come?  

7 minutes ago, OregonBird said:

I'm definitely not plunking down a nice chunk of change to bring the family to Sarasota from Oregon for a week, that's for sure.

Gotta say, going to Sarasota for spring training is a delight no matter how bad the team is.    

15 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Hoodie and the Vest promotions have sold some tickets on the two home Saturdays left.They should go over 1.6 but barely .Everything go right I see about 1.61m or 1.62m.

I’m going to both those games. 

Every year I try to make the last weekend of the season if I can. I know I won’t be there for 6 months.  

2 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Next year will really see the attendance drop.I got a survey when I said I will not renew. Then asked would you go for a six,eight or 10 game plan.Also asked about a holiday six or four pack.They know what is going to happen My rep said it has been a horrible year for him and is expecting it  to crash next year.

I guess they will still get the 125,000 or higher tickets sold to Yankee and Red Sox fans . Imagine attendance next year without them.

I think I will keep mine. I usually go to 8-10 games a year no matter how good we are. Bottom line is they need to give out more benefits to keep the season ticket holders they have now. 

Interesting they may start offering smaller plans. Just couple of years ago they were trying to take advantage of 2014 playoff run with those 20 game plans that never materialized. This market is just not that big. They got greedy the other year and now are paying the price. Those 14 years of losing did so much damage to the fan base and the world has changed.

All sports have their issues. I keep seeing ads for the Ravens home opener. You never saw those tickets available.  

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I think I will keep mine. I usually go to 8-10 games a year no matter how good we are. Bottom line is they need to give out more benefits to keep the season ticket holders they have now. 

Interesting they may start offering smaller plans. Just couple of years ago they were trying to take advantage of 2014 playoff run with those 20 game plans that never materialized. This market is just not that big. They got greedy the other year and now are paying the price. Those 14 years of losing did so much damage to the fan base and the world has changed.

All sports have their issues. I keep seeing ads for the Ravens home opener. You never saw those tickets available.  

Even NASCAR attendance is down, from what I am hearing from my friends. I used to try and make at least 1 race, a season, and haven't been in 3 years.

1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

Even NASCAR attendance is down, from what I am hearing from my friends. I used to try and make at least 1 race, a season, and haven't been in 3 years.

Yeah, tickets are an issue for a variety of reasons everywhere. This isn’t just an Orioles issue  

Another point. I was at Tuesday’s game and one of the people there came from NoVa. He said it took him 1.5 hours and he was able to leave around 445.  It is very hard for Orioles fans in that area to attend games during the week.  

5 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Even the Nationals are doing a promotion with the kids for $10.00 seats for almost all the home games left in September. I don't think the weekend Cub games but they draw well anyhow. Kids can sit anywhere for $10.00 with 2 adult tickets purchased.

https://www.mlb.com/nationals/tickets/specials/back-to-school?partnerId=ed-13056491-1092547603

Just now, Going Underground said:

Even the Nationals are doing a promotion with the kids for $10.00 seats for almost all the home games left in September. I don't think the weekend Cub games but they draw well anyhow. Kids can sit anywhere for $10.00 with 2 adult tickets purchased.

https://www.mlb.com/nationals/tickets/specials/back-to-school?partnerId=ed-13056491-1092547603

The Angelos sons have already tried some stuff. I hope and think that will continue. They raised ticket prices in 15 after the Davis signing late. It was handled poorly.

I think they should do something along the lines of what the A’s are doing next year. I think A’s plan holders can get into any game.

For the Orioles something along the lines of free admission for games during the week in April as an example. That stadium on TV and in person looks 10 times better when the lower seating bowl is full. Those people in the first could of rows in the terrace boxes would look much better sitting in the lower seats. Even when the club was better we saw week games being an issue.  

13 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

The Angelos sons have already tried some stuff. I hope and think that will continue. They raised ticket prices in 15 after the Davis signing late. It was handled poorly.

I think they should do something along the lines of what the A’s are doing next year. I think A’s plan holders can get into any game.

For the Orioles something along the lines of free admission for games during the week in April as an example. That stadium on TV and in person looks 10 times better when the lower seating bowl is full. Those people in the first could of rows in the terrace boxes would look much better sitting in the lower seats. Even when the club was better we saw week games being an issue.  

I think that is the year they tried to make my 13 game play become twenty. That lasted about two weeks then I got an email that 13 games were back. They pissed many people off who stuck with the team through 14 losing seasons. I know it left a bad taste in many peoples mouths and obviously backfired because changed real fast. . You start winning and piss off your loyal fans. But Angelos and marketing have always sucked on this team. We shall see  about the sons.

The Nationals did one thing that  seems smart. 

In the event there is a delay due to inclement weather of greater than one hour prior to the game becoming an official game and the game is resumed and becomes an official game, tickets purchased through nationals.com, the Nationals Box Office, or a Nationals representative may be eligible for exchange.

https://www.mlb.com/nationals/ballpark/game-postponement

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

And people who bought season ticket packages because they love the Orioles no matter what and/or incorrectly thought they might contend this year.    

I think next year’s season ticket sales will be a disaster.    I, for one, am dropping out of my season ticket group.    

Wow. Is it because of the state of the Orioles, the travel of coming up during the week or a mixture? I knew you were talking about it but this is the first time I've seen you say you are out. 

I've had free tickets to give away from every Hangout night and can't give them away. I still enjoy going with my kids and staff (mostly weams) but I have to say I've left early a few times already and that would never happen in the past.

1 hour ago, eddie83 said:

Yeah, tickets are an issue for a variety of reasons everywhere. This isn’t just an Orioles issue  

Another point. I was at Tuesday’s game and one of the people there came from NoVa. He said it took him 1.5 hours and he was able to leave around 445.  It is very hard for Orioles fans in that area to attend games during the week.  

It is, but easier for NoVa, then when the stadium was at Memorial Stadium.

Archived