15 days in, fun summer or not?

wildcard

Hayes has been one of the biggest disappointments for me. Before ST, I was hoping he would win the RF job and be a jolt of energy in the OF. So wrong.... 

Hopefully, this was just a blip for him and the injuries will heal this offseason. 

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/12/2018 at 8:41 AM, Frobby said:

I think Cobb is going to have a pretty big impact.   Getting past one big hole in the rotation is a lot easier than getting past two.   The offense has been spotty so far, but in the end if the starting pitching is solid, we will win our share, I think. Getting quality starts the last three nights has made me feel a little better.    

Hindsight is 20/20.

Speaking of Cobb and things involving 20's, in the last quarter of the season, we'll get a mini-drama if he can pitch himself away from 20 losses.  He gets a break Saturday in Cleveland matching up with Plutko instead of one of their aces as Q4 gets underway.

Mike Maroth of the 2003 Tigers is the only one since 1980.  It'll be tough for the club to give Cobb a break given how many innings are already going to AAAA guys.  

The next few matchups, presuming every 5th game sticks for a bit:

O's game 123 at Cleveland (series game 2 of 3)

128 vs. NYY (series game 1 of 4)

134 vs. TOR (series game 3 of 3; 6-game seasonal skip due to doubleheader 8/25)

139 at Seattle (series game 2 of 3)

144 vs Oakland (series game 1 of 3)

He'll then get a breather against the White Sox at home before presumably pitching twice in the final 10-games gauntlet of Yankees/Red Sox/Astros.  Most of the year I've thought the Astros would be playing their AAA team that final weekend, but now maybe not so much.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/16/2018 at 10:10 AM, OrioleDog said:

Speaking of Cobb and things involving 20's, in the last quarter of the season, we'll get a mini-drama if he can pitch himself away from 20 losses.  

Mission accomplished.    He has 15 losses and only 4 starts remaining.   He’s actually pitched a lot better than his W-L record reflects.   

Archived