Does anyone regret prepaying for the entire season of MLB.tv?

Hallas

8 minutes ago, InsideCoroner said:

Nah, I love baseball. If all else goes to seed this year, I’ll still watch to see how certain players do (Bundy, Mancini, Sisco, etc.) but might watch a few more games from other teams than I normally would.

I've had MLB.tv for, I think, 9 years now.  Maybe 10.  I've never watched more than a pretty small handful of regular season non-orioles games.  Part of this is because, the vast majority of the time, I can't stand other teams' announcers.  (to be fair, I don't really like some of the Orioles announcers either.)

I guess there's a first time for everything though. Maybe I can start being an Angels fan.  Shohei looks pretty amazing, especially paired with Trout.

14 minutes ago, Hallas said:

I've had MLB.tv for, I think, 9 years now.  Maybe 10.  I've never watched more than a pretty small handful of regular season non-orioles games.  Part of this is because, the vast majority of the time, I can't stand other teams' announcers.  (to be fair, I don't really like some of the Orioles announcers either.)

I guess there's a first time for everything though. Maybe I can start being an Angels fan.  Shohei looks pretty amazing, especially paired with Trout.

I've always thought that one can support an NL team, and it's not betraying your main fandom.

44 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

I've always thought that one can support an NL team, and it's not betraying your main fandom.

I guess I can be a Doyers fan when the O's suck.  Watching Kershaw pitch is rarely a bad thing.

I usually dramatically reduce the number of Orioles games I watch as the season progresses. My wife is a Nats fan as well as an Orioles fan and we will also catch semi random games with good team or pitching matchups throughout the season. I can’t take watching every Orioles game even in pretty good to good years. Not good for my family life. Makes me pretty grumpy at times. 

36 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

Is it about the same to pay month to month? I don’t have any of that info at my fingertips. 

I think it’s $25 monthly or about $115 for the whole year (although they keep reducing the price each month to watch the rest of the baseball season). 

I have to say I have found their streaming engine much better this year. In the past few years I had innumerable crashes and freezes, and had particular problems watching any game which wasn’t yet finished but where I wasn’t watching the live feed. This year the regular season games have gone very well. Plus they wisely added a “Back 10 Secs” and “Fwd 10 Secs” button. Often times if I’m watching the previous night’s game I don’t have 3 full hours, so I’ll skip forward once after each pitch, twice after every foul and three times after every out and still not miss a pitch.

Archived