I can no longer read interviews with O's officials, players or Buck

mdbdotcom

I didn't expect them to contend this season, but I sure didn't expect this level of ineptitude on every level.

Maybe they should all just STFU until they don't stink so bad. I have no interest in what any of them has to say.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really, what are they going to say?

I’m actually finding it really hard to read the OH board right now.   So much negativity, and the thing is, it’s completely warranted at the moment.    But I don’t know that it’s a good use of my time wallowing in it.

Just now, Frobby said:

I’m actually finding it really hard to read the OH board right now.   So much negativity, and the thing is, it’s completely warranted at the moment.    But I don’t know that it’s a good use of my time wallowing in it.

He's just venting frustration.

If Buck did what he claims to want -- cancelled press conferences after the game and refused to talk to the press and answer questions -- people would be calling for his head too.

It's all frustration at the state of the team talking here.

Just now, SteveA said:

He's just venting frustration.

If Buck did what he claims to want -- cancelled press conferences after the game and refused to talk to the press and answer questions -- people would be calling for his head too.

Uh, they’re doing that anyway.    

43 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

Ever since I cancelled Comcast I haven’t been able to watch the games at home. I haven’t felt the need to put them on the radio either. I’m pretty much not paying attention this season.

Sames. I’ve spent more time on OH than I have watching games. No mlbtv no radio. Just not interested. Maybe when basketball season is over and we start selling. 

17 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

That is in his contract. This after inane press oonferences.It is in every manager 's contract  They all do it,but I bet most would not want to. 

Yeah, I guess people probably want a BOS/NY press digging in and asking tough questions.  In the end it doesn't matter much without a new owner. 

I can't stand when Buck talks about how much the players care. It was a sweet sentiment the first dozen times but I don't care how much Davis cares. I do care that he sucks terribly and he will suck the life out of this team for many years to come.

58 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I don't expect them to say anything other than what they do say. I just don't read it anymore.

Didn't you become a Nats' fan this morning?

15 minutes ago, oriole said:

I can't stand when Buck talks about how much the players care. It was a sweet sentiment the first dozen times but I don't care how much Davis cares. I do care that he sucks terribly and he will suck the life out of this team for many years to come.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Davis. He's looked a lot better at the plate after being benched 3 days to work with the hitting coach.

36 minutes ago, amdcpus said:

I'm cautiously optimistic about Davis. He's looked a lot better at the plate after being benched 3 days to work with the hitting coach.

He's been going the other way pretty much consistently for a week or so.

59 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I like Buck,and I consider him a friend. I know he's a great baseball man and a quality person, but you wonder if he too is in jeopardy with his job or will he be kicked upstairs.I do know he insisted on re-signing Davis and Trumbo and has not led any team of his to a World Series. Would you be upset if Buck was fired? I would feel for him, but I wouldn't say he was treated unjustly if that happened.He may just retire. No Oriole team will be in the playoffs going forward for anytime soon....

My only concern about firing Buck is who would be hired (and who would be involved in the hiring decision). We will have some talented young guys hitting the MLs over the next year or two, and we need a manager who is patient and works well with inexperienced players. If Buck is fired, I expect that the new manager will be selected by the Angeloses and Brady, and I have no confidence in their judgment.

Archived