Orioles: Most inept organization in all of profesional sports?

foxfield

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I don’t think Buck should be fired.   So far my biggest gripe about him is that he presumably was in the group that made the judgment that Tillman can still pitch.    

I’m not a big fan of firing managers in-season.   And certainly not after 15 games.    Things would have to stay really bad for an extended period for me to consider a step like that.   

The voice of reason. I would like to keep Buck if we're going to rebuild this team. He's good with young talent. Like the 2012 team. Not many managers could have won with that team.

o

After the Orioles took 3 out of 4 games from the Yankees on their home field, an "I've Never Seen Such Mental Toughness from the Orioles" thread was started immediately afterward.

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/index.php?/topic/31384-ive-never-seen-such-mental-toughness-from-the-orioles-like-they-had-in-this-series/&tab=comments#comment-2275472 

Now that the Orioles have lost 4 out of their last 5 games, a "Time to Fire Showalter" thread has been started.

Hang on for the 2018 Baltimore Orioles Magical Mystery Tour season ........ 15 games down, 147 games to go.

o

2 hours ago, atomic said:

He put Davis in lead off spot and continues to play him against left handers.  If the team is going to be in last place with Buck two seasons in a row I don't see what the harm is in firing him. Can't do any worse.  We know he can't coach in the playoffs. 

Best way to keep Davis from hitting leadoff would be to not sign him for $160M.

1 hour ago, OFFNY said:

o

After the Orioles took 3 out of 4 games from the Yankees on their home field, an "I've Never Seen Such Mental Toughness from the Orioles" thread was started immediately afterward.

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/index.php?/topic/31384-ive-never-seen-such-mental-toughness-from-the-orioles-like-they-had-in-this-series/&tab=comments#comment-2275472 

Now that the Orioles have lost 4 out of their last 5 games, a "Time to Fire Showalter" thread has been started.

Hang on for the 2018 Baltimore Orioles Magical Mystery Tour season ........ 15 games down, 147 games to go.

o

I never said the Orioles had mental toughness after Yankees series win.   I said Buck should have been fired right after he let Ubaldo pitch in one game playoff.

1 hour ago, OFFNY said:

o

o

8 minutes ago, atomic said:

I never said the Orioles had mental toughness after Yankees series win. I said Buck should have been fired right after he let Ubaldo pitch in one game playoff.

o

I never said that you said that.

You (and Barnaby Graves) are not the only posters on the OH boards.

o

Just now, OFFNY said:

o

I never said that you said that.

You (and Barnaby Graves) are not the only posters on the OH boards.

o

But you tried to make it seem like the two threads are related.  I just don't want giving up in April.  I think a new manager could give the team confidence that they have lost in Buck since playoff fiasco. 

34 minutes ago, atomic said:

But you tried to make it seem like the two threads are related. I just don't want giving up in April. I think a new manager could give the team confidence that they have lost in Buck since playoff fiasco. 

o

The two threads are related, in their reactionary nature.

You started this thread after the Orioles lost 4 out of 5 games (2 of which were blowouts at the hands of the Red Sox), and Barnaby started his thread after a thrilling series win over the Yankees.

I understand that you wanted Showalter fired in October of 2016, but I think that the timing in the starting of this thread was reactionary. I don't believe that it's a coincidence that each thread was started when they were.

o

Archived