Orioles: Most inept organization in all of profesional sports?

foxfield

1 hour ago, OFFNY said:

o

The 1916 Philadelphia Athletics have had the worst record in Major League history since 1901.

They went 36-117 with one rainover over a 154-game schedule, for a .235 winning percentage.

To be worse than that, a team would need to go 38-124 over a 162-game schedule.

The 1935 Boston Braves had the 2nd worst Major League record ever since 1901. They went 38-115 with one rainout, for a .248 winning percentage.

The 1962 Mets (40-120 with 2 rainouts) have had the 3rd-worst Major League record since 1901.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/worst-mlb-teams-modern-era.html/?a=viewall

o

OK the Mets have the most losses of all time. 

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, OFFNY said:

o

The 1916 Philadelphia Athletics have had the worst record in Major League history since 1901.

They went 36-117 with one rainover over a 154-game schedule, for a .235 winning percentage.

To be worse than that, a team would need to go 38-124 over a 162-game schedule.

The 1935 Boston Braves had the 2nd worst Major League record ever since 1901. They went 38-115 with one rainout, for a .248 winning percentage.

The 1962 Mets (40-120 with 2 rainouts) have had the 3rd-worst Major League record since 1901.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/worst-mlb-teams-modern-era.html/?a=viewall

o

3 minutes ago, atomic said:

OK, the Mets have the most losses of all=time. 

o

Yes, they do.

But they don't have the worst record ever in modern Major League history.

o

On 4/13/2018 at 7:32 PM, murph said:

Scott Feldman is still out there?

He was pretty good until he got hurt last year.   

I wouldn’t have wanted him before the season, but he’s as good an option as any for the 5th spot. I think Bleier would be good, but he’s holding together an inconsistent BP.

6 hours ago, Il BuonO said:

I wouldn’t have wanted him before the season, but he’s as good an option as any for the 5th spot. I think Bleier would be good, but he’s holding together an inconsistent BP.

Same. But not much matters now anyway right?

Oh and I was out near your old home town Wednesday - Friday.   Temecula valley for 2 days and then San Diego for a day.  Incredible out there.  

I know it is too late to make a difference, but DFA Tillman, Araujo and Wright tomorrow.  Shake up the positional players as well.  They're not hitting, you can bring in good defenders who can't hit but can at least bring value with their glove.

Have a serious conversation with Buck on where he wants to be in 2019.  

11 hours ago, oriolediehard said:

WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!  if the O's don't win 41 games this year they will have the worst record in history.

BUT .... they have won TWICE as many games as they had in 1988 at this point in the season, when they were 4-29!

3 hours ago, murph said:

Same. But not much matters now anyway right?

Oh and I was out near your old home town Wednesday - Friday.   Temecula valley for 2 days and then San Diego for a day.  Incredible out there.  

Maybe you’re thinking of CA-ORIOLE, he was down there. It is beautiful, though, his daughter gave my daughters riding lessons.

I was a Los Angeles guy, but made it out just in time. ;)

5 hours ago, Il BuonO said:

Maybe you’re thinking of CA-ORIOLE, he was down there. It is beautiful, though, his daughter gave my daughters riding lessons.

I was a Los Angeles guy, but made it out just in time. ;)

Ha.   Yea maybe.  But was probably thinking of your old handle more than anything.    Wish I could afford to live there!

Does anyone know for sure if Tillman is going to get another start?   Probably I would guess.  

12 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I know it is too late to make a difference, but DFA Tillman, Araujo and Wright tomorrow.  Shake up the positional players as well.  They're not hitting, you can bring in good defenders who can't hit but can at least bring value with their glove.

Have a serious conversation with Buck on where he wants to be in 2019.  

Who are you replacing Tillman, Araujo, and Wright with?

If we can't win this season, which seems kind of obvious, why not keep the Rule 5 guy for the future potential?

I hear lots of people who want to punt it all and do an Astro-style rebuild.   And it's probably the wisest long term course of action.   But on this board, as soon as players suck, the cry comes out to dump them.   Guess what -- an Astro style rebuild means sitting through a lot of stretches like this, and keeping the crappy guys on your team and not DFAing them, and suffering through watching them 162 times a year, while the talent in the minors is replenished and developed.   The constant wish to get rid of everyone who isn't doing well seems to contradict a desire to tear it all down and rebuild from the bottom up.

11 hours ago, islebreeze said:

BUT .... they have won TWICE as many games as they had in 1988 at this point in the season, when they were 4-29!

Hmmm.... so if I'm doing the math correctly.... we had 4 wins at this point in 1988 and now we have TWICE as many.

And we won 54 games that year.   So that means we are going to win 108 this year!

I've double-checked the math and I can't find any flaws.

5 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

The lineup today looks like a Sarasota game after the fifth inning.

Nah, you prepare for the regular season in spring training.   You'd never have so many guys out of position.

32 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Who are you replacing Tillman, Araujo, and Wright with?

If we can't win this season, which seems kind of obvious, why not keep the Rule 5 guy for the future potential?

I hear lots of people who want to punt it all and do an Astro-style rebuild.   And it's probably the wisest long term course of action.   But on this board, as soon as players suck, the cry comes out to dump them.   Guess what -- an Astro style rebuild means sitting through a lot of stretches like this, and keeping the crappy guys on your team and not DFAing them, and suffering through watching them 162 times a year, while the talent in the minors is replenished and developed.   The constant wish to get rid of everyone who isn't doing well seems to contradict a desire to tear it all down and rebuild from the bottom up.

Just remember the Astros lost 324 games in three years.  Watch what you wish for.  Sure, things worked out and they eventually won, but they had 36 months of the 2018 Orioles, then in '14 dramatically improved to a little bit worse than the 2017 Orioles.

Sit back and relax, fasten your seatbelt, it might get a little rough in here.

Archived