Who here has had enough?

gtman55

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

I'e watched maybe 3 innings the past month. I don't consider myself a fairweather fan. I just don't enjoy watching a bad team full of veterans. I would be watching if the team was 17-41 with Hays, Stewart and Mullins in the OF. Mancini at 1B or DH. 

Same here. This veteran team just seems to be mostly going through the motions at this point. In some ways it's worse than '88. Back then we knew we weren't very talented. This year even though we knew we weren't going to be in first, we at least thought we'd be competitive.

I'm old, so I remember the Orioles kiddie corps back in the 60's. I'd totally be behind seeing this team go young. Even if the young guys lost, they'd be fun to watch. This years team is the definition of "not fun".

I've stopped watching and I've been selling my tickets for this season until they trade Machado and call up the young kids.

I don't want to watch Davis, Trumbo, Alvarez, Valencia, Peterson, etc. flailing around. This club is just such a disaster.

We all haven't had enough, we keep coming back for more.  We keep posting here.  We're all diehards and watching every move this team makes no matter what.  I mean, members of this board have dedicated serious time and thought in regards to Susac vs Joseph vs. Wynn.  And you're asking who's had enough?

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

We all haven't had enough, we keep coming back for more.  We keep posting here.  We're all diehards and watching every move this team makes no matter what.  I mean, members of this board have dedicated serious time and thought in regards to Susac vs Joseph vs. Wynn.  And you're asking who's had enough?

Exactly.

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

I just realized that if things go a certain way we could have a Winn/Wynn battery in a few years.

9 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I just realized that if things go a certain way we could have a Winn/Wynn battery in a few years.

Too bad they'll cancel each other out and be losers.

Despite my previous post, I am not watching the draft tonight.  IMO, Orioles draft picks are about the same value as a wooden nickel.  Also, the Caps are on in the Stanley Cup Finals.  I'll read up on what kid we take who'll never reach Camden Yards later on this evening.  

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Despite my previous post, I am not watching the draft tonight.  IMO, Orioles draft picks are about the same value as a wooden nickel.  Also, the Caps are on in the Stanley Cup Finals.  I'll read up on what kid we take who'll never reach Camden Yards later on this evening.  

You'll be missed.

1 hour ago, gtman55 said:

I try not to be a fair weather fan but this disaster of a year has been unnerving to say the least. It also has put into focus how poor this teams decision making is at the highest levels. When we were winning it was easy to ignore this organization shortcomings.

Sadly, I have no confidence that this team is capable of putting together a successful rebuild.

Where are you right now as a Orioles fan? Are you feeling as though 2018 is just one of those things and we'll bounce back? Or is this the beginning of a very long dry spell?

Your thoughts 

o

I've been a COB since I was a little boy in the Fall of 1971, and I always will be.

I signed an emotional contract with those teams at that time, and it is a lifetime contract that is non-negotiable.

So if the Orioles go 2-160 over the course of a 162-game season, no, I have not (and will not have) had enough.

When I went to Fenway Park in September of 2009, the Orioles were in last place, 34 games behind the Yankees. When a Red Sox fan saw the way that I was dressed, he looked at me and said, "You have issues." 

I was just as proud to be an Oriole fan then as I was in 1971, 1979, 1983, or any other season that the Orioles have played since I jumped on their bandwagon 47 years ago. The players, managers, and coaches have changed, the teams' annual W-L records have changed, but the emotional contract remains the same.

At Fenway Park

o

I’m not watching very often these days, but that doesn’t mean I’m not paying attention.    Any time they’re actually winning a game I usually tune in around 9 pm and see if they can hang on.    And of course I’m here posting every day.    But I have to say, this team is not only terrible, they’re extremely boring.   And it’s pretty boring here too, because there’s nothing positive to say and every negative thing that can be said has been said 100 times already.    At least the draft will give us a few days of distraction, and there are some interesting things going on in the minors.    

9 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

o

In spite of your proclamation, I suspect that you will be peeking at the draft by occasionally switching channels (quickly) and/or checking the on-line results on your computer while you are watching the hockey game.

o

Archived