Who is available for LF???

bigbird

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would think Matt Kemp of the Dodgers would be available if we offered them Bedard for Kemp and James Loney.

Am I seriously underestimating Bedards value, because if I am please someone correct me...but Im not sure Bedard could net both of them at once...but as I say I may be wrong. Im new at trying to understand all these things.

Am I seriously underestimating Bedards value, because if I am please someone correct me...but Im not sure Bedard could net both of them at once...but as I say I may be wrong. Im new at trying to understand all these things.

I personally think you likely could get another lesser player thrown in.

Agreed, I wouldnt even consider trading Bedard without those 2 names involved!

Wow, I must be the last one to catch on here. Sorry guys. I knew Bedards value was very high but I had heard such great things about both Kemp and Loney...I had no idea. My fault.

Wow, I must be the last one to catch on here. Sorry guys. I knew Bedards value was very high but I had heard such great things about both Kemp and Loney...I had no idea. My fault.

See what the White Sox are asking for in return for a rental of Buehrle!

Hell, i wouldn't even trade him for those 2..need another prospect.

Few things to comment on:

1) If Payton is our CFer next year, we have serious problems...Payton needs to be dumped immediately. That being said, i have no problem acquiring Jacque Jones in a deal...Have the Cubs eat a lot of the salary and platoon Jones and Payton in CF next year.

Of course, this assumes no young CFers acquired in a trade or something like that.

2) As for LFers that could be available:

Jones

Murton

Baldelli

Crawford

Rios(who i would prefer to be in CF)

Matsui(if Yanks trade off pieces which is unlikely)

Crisp

Rivera

Ibanez(only if they were ready to bring up Adam Jones)

C Gomez/Milledge...Only is a deal involving BRob or Bedard in all likelihood.

Dunn(very kind calling him a LFer though)

To name a few.

Is Dcab the kind of guy that a team would want at the deadline? I mean, he's got good upside and has been dominating at times, but I would think that a contender would want a guy who they know is going to be solid each time out.

If they traded DCab, I'd hope they could force another team to take Gibbons as part of the deal. JG really has no role here, especially if we get a LF back.

Hell, i wouldn't even trade him for those 2..need another prospect.

Few things to comment on:

1) If Payton is our CFer next year, we have serious problems...Payton needs to be dumped immediately. That being said, i have no problem acquiring Jacque Jones in a deal...Have the Cubs eat a lot of the salary and platoon Jones and Payton in CF next year.

Of course, this assumes no young CFers acquired in a trade or something like that.

2) As for LFers that could be available:

Jones

Murton

Baldelli

Crawford

Rios(who i would prefer to be in CF)

Matsui(if Yanks trade off pieces which is unlikely)

Crisp

Rivera

Ibanez(only if they were ready to bring up Adam Jones)

C Gomez/Milledge...Only is a deal involving BRob or Bedard in all likelihood.

Dunn(very kind calling him a LFer though)

To name a few.

All of that could be fixed with the acquisition of Crawford, correct? I dont want any platoons in CF. I want one guy, Crawford is my pick.

It's not your fault.

Just because a couple guys on a messageboard think Bedard is worth the sun and the moon doesn't make it so.

If the O's take the position that Bedard won't be dealt for anything less than Kemp, Loney and a third player, then Bedard won't be dealt.

Next year, we are looking at:

Bedard

Cabrera

Loewen

Guthrie

Olson

Penn

Burres

all being major league ready. If we traded three of them for a great LFer AND signed a big starting pitcher to be our ace, we would be in very good shape.

Cabrera, Penn and Burres for Carl Crawford

sign Carlos Zambrano

sign Aaron Rowand

Who wouldn't sign up for that?

Zambrano

Bedard

Loewen

Guthrie

Olson

Ray

Walker

Bradford

Baez

Hoey

Doyne

Hernandez

Huff

Roberts

Mora

Tejada

Crawford

Rowand

Markakis

Gomez

Payton

Still trade Gibbons, Millar, Trachsel and Patterson for good bench players (young catcher & platoon at DH). Or trade all for of them for Tex :)

Archived