Fangraphs: Missing Fans

weams

1 hour ago, JR Oriole said:

I used to be a "get the call right no matter what" person.  And I still think there is merit in that.  But I have to admit, I get so bored and irritated during replays that I am willing to have the call be wrong just to move the damn game along.  Now, I am sure I would sing a different tune if my team was about to get screwed by a bad call.  But I just cannot stand to watch an official go to the sidelines and put their head in that booth to watch the monitor.  I have no patience for that.  Same thing in the NBA where they stand around the monitor to see whose fingertips the ball went off of.  Yawn. I just wish TV would stop showing replays bc all it does is give the fans something to complain about for eternity. 

Two things IMO that make the replay systems so much worse than necessary.   The time to replay it and the inability to get it correct on review.  How can the "experts" take so long to see what we all see on tv and still not get it right so many times?  Replay isnt the problem.   The incompetence by the leagues is the problem.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, atomic said:

Maybe the players aren't as good as they were in 2001 and 2002.  I have no idea what wRC+ is. Like I said use real stats not made up ones.   Trout hasn't even led the league in average once or home runs.  So it is not like he is far superior to his peers.  If he puts up stats like Rickey Henderson or Barry Bonds he would be noticed.  When you have to spend a half hour explaining to people why Trout is a great ball player you are going to lose your audience. 

Oh, so you use real stats like runs? RBI?  Stolen bases? Walks? On base percentage?  Slugging percentage? Cause Mike Trout has lead the league in those.

This is ridiculous.  Dave Kingman lead the league in homers twice.  By your logic Kingman >> Trout 

11 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Oh, so you use real stats like runs? RBI?  Stolen bases? Walks? On base percentage?  Slugging percentage? Cause Mike Trout has lead the league in those.

This is ridiculous.  Dave Kingman lead the league in homers twice.  By your logic Kingman >> Trout 

Hasnt Chris Davis led the league in homers twice?

Archived