Nightingale: Dodgers in lead for Manny

Rene88

6 minutes ago, Hallas said:

For a C+ level prospect I would take the pick.  The C+ level prospect is probably worth less than the pick.

A B- would probably be a wash with the pick.  So there's a marginal net benefit to accept the trade.  I would personally be really pissed if no team was willing to put up a decent package with 1 B and 1 B-/C+ prospect.  That is frankly a steal for 3 months of high-leverage production + playoffs of Manny.  And any team that barely misses out on the playoffs with a hole at SS/3B, or gets bounced early because of bad SS/3B production, will 100% regret not offering a better package for Manny if that is what we accept in trade.

The Os will get 3-4 prospects for Manny. Someone will get desperate and their a couple teams that have systems that can absorb the hit

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

The Os will get 3-4 prospects for Manny. Someone will get desperate and their a couple teams that have systems that can absorb the hit

I would expect either a 3-4 player prospect package, or a 1-2 player package with a B+/A- headliner as fair value.

15 minutes ago, Hallas said:

I would expect either a 3-4 player prospect package, or a 1-2 player package with a B+/A- headliner as fair value.

A bidding war is the real kicker ....I'd expect1 of a teams top 5 with 2-3 from their top 30.

Dodgers - White , C Santana, Ferguson , and Gonsolin/D Jackson

Phillies-  Suarez , De La Santos, Quinn, and Gomez

13 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Does Jones qualify as a 10/5 player?  He would have to approve any trade if so.

Yes he does.  If I had to guess, I think he would accept the trade because it would almost certainly be to a contender.

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

If I had to guess he'd want something for accepting the trade.

Why? He'd get to play in meaningful games, and maybe the playoffs in his contract year.

He could always come back to Baltimore next year if there is mutual interest.

1 minute ago, spiritof66 said:

If he goes to a team that the Orioles will play this year, O's could agree their RHed pitchers won't throw him any sliders.

Low and away junk would be called a ball even if he swings at it.  The acquiring team would be responsible for squaring things with the umps.

Archived