Manny’s an all star

Frobby

Well there is precedent ... kind of .. former Cub journeyman Steve Swisher made the 1976 all star game as a last minute backup C because he was near his phone after a rash of injuries and schedule conflicts forced MLB to do some deep diving.  He struggled even more post all-star game and finished with 0.601 OPS that year. 

13 hours ago, spiritof66 said:

Maybe a rash of 13 or 14 injuries to 1Bmen will get him onto the AL team.

Well there is precedent ... kind of .. former Cub journeyman Steve Swisher made the 1976 all star game as a last minute backup C because he was near his phone after a rash of injuries and schedule conflicts forced MLB to do some deep diving.  He struggled even more post all-star game and finished with 0.601 OPS that year. 

2 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Is it wrong that I really want Manny to get traded to an NL team before the all-star game? 

Pretty sure most of us do........although I'm not completely sure if the return will be higher later in July vs now.

4 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Pretty sure most of us do........although I'm not completely sure if the return will be higher later in July vs now.

I mean, in addition to just getting it done (so they can focus on other trades) I kinda want it to happen out of spite. The way Manny "demanded" to play SS this season still really bothers me. And I was already iffy on him because of his hustle lapses. Then again I never cared much for Ripken's personality / schtick either. 

That interview with Manny with his reaction to being voted an All-Star starter was the first time I took a really close look at his hairdo this year. Usually it’s been game scenario dugout shots. I take back saying that it appeared to be the ever fashionable hair net. It’s the intentional style apparently. 

Archived