Would you trade Gausman?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade Gausman?

• Only for a top 20 praopect as center of deal
    • Would need a top 50 prospect as center of deal
    • Top 100 prospect as center of deal would be good enough for me
    • He sucks, get what you can for him
    • No way, he will turn into Arrietta

Unless we're looking to extend Gausman, I'd be looking to deal him now or this off-season.  While polls don't always reflect one's complete feelings, I'd say I'd want a Top 50-type as a headliner.  One example would be along the lines of Ian Anderson plus Touki Toussaint from the Braves.

I agree with Moose. If I had this team at this very moment, you would have to google the names of the players playing after August 1. There would only be Chris Davis on the team because you either keep him or pay him to not be in Baltimore. And I might just cut my losses and save 500k a year on the off chance someone else lose picks him up. 

To be more practical, I would trade some guys in the winter instead of this moment. But yeah, high value prospects and quantity is my mo right now. And for baby Jesus’s sake, spend international money on victor victor Mesa and who ever else rounds out the money. 

I completely stopped watching about three weeks into the season--how has Gausman looked?  Does he still fall behind in counts and nibble with that outstanding stuff of his?  He is a second-half pitcher, so he may fall under 4 ERA by season's end.  His stats look about career average--does he learn from his mistakes yet?  Is he someone a competent organization extends soon before he gets GOOD or is this what he is?  Thanks to anyone offering insight.

Archived