Orioles Deal Gausman/O'Day to Braves - Schoop to Brewers

weams

Just now, keithstone said:

It looks like you got Ortiz, Villar, and Carmona. Schoop only has 1+ years of team control remaining from what I read. Free agent after 2019. That's a huge return. Carmona is a real sleeper and might be the best player you get in return. I personally really really don't like this trade for the Brewers.

Yeah, all my Brewers buds are furious.

This is a good return.

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

Jonathan Villar?  What in the #$#@!??????? 

ignore the villar piece. Ortiz is a solid prospect and Carmona is a serious sleeper prospect. Big time upside, he'll probably be the most valuable player in this trade in 4 years. Patience...

• Upvote 1

Encarnacion has some pretty good #'s.  20 year old in High A.  SO rate is insanely high though.  

Cumberland is a 23 year old catcher with so-so #'s who was just promoted from AA (old for level). 

Phillips is a dominant reliever. 

SP Zimmerman has some good #'s but has done most of his damage this year at High A and he's 23.  

This does NOT appear to be a great return for Gausman.  I see four secondary pieces.  No prospect on the level of a Yusniel Diaz. 

• Upvote 3