Who is part of our next winning core?

Frobby

45 minutes ago, weams said:

For 81 wins? Ridiculous. 

You think it’s ridiculous that we won’t have another winning team until 2023?    I think that’s quite possible.   Our major league team has been stripped naked and our farm system is still just so-so.    The top draft picks we’ll pick up the next 2-3 years will require time to mature.    Honestly, I think the only way we beat 2023 is if a few of our current pitching prospects come close to hitting their ceiling, which doesn’t happen very often around here.  

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Frobby said:

You think it’s ridiculous that we won’t have another winning team until 2023?    I think that’s quite possible.   Our major league team has been stripped naked and our farm system is still just so-so.    The top draft picks we’ll pick up the next 2-3 years will require time to mature.    Honestly, I think the only way we beat 2023 is if a few of our current pitching prospects come close to hitting their ceiling, which doesn’t happen very often around here.  

I don't think they will wait to try a turn around before then. I don't think the franchise will hold. 

On 8/17/2018 at 4:38 PM, Frobby said:

My nominees:

Mullins 

Hays 

Diaz

DL Hall

Akin

Lowther

GrayRod

I hope in a year I can add some other names from the group of players who are already in our organization, including some of the guys we obtained in trades last month.    Especially some infielders.

Any reason no mention of Ryan Mckenna?  Just curious....

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I don’t think he’s going to be as good as Mullins, Hays or Diaz.    But who knows, I could turn out to be wrong.    

Thanks.  I was hoping he was a "cream rises to the top quickly" player (even with the Bowie struggles).   Your right, we will see. 

1 minute ago, murph said:

Thanks.  I was hoping he was a "cream rises to the top quickly" player (even with the Bowie struggles).   Your right, we will see. 

He certainly hasn’t embarrassed himself at Bowie.   Really I’m just higher on the other three, keeping in mind that Diaz and Hays have both been national top 50 guys on some lists and that Mullins is in the majors already.    But McKenna is certainly a guy you can see as a productive major leaguer.   

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

He certainly hasn’t embarrassed himself at Bowie.   Really I’m just higher on the other three, keeping in mind that Diaz and Hays have both been national top 50 guys on some lists and that Mullins is in the majors already.    But McKenna is certainly a guy you can see as a productive major leaguer.   

I don't want productive, I want superstar!!! ?  It is going to be a tough wait through this rebuild and watching the kids will be fun, but I so want us to get lucky with a few of them. 

14 minutes ago, murph said:

I don't want productive, I want superstar!!! ?  It is going to be a tough wait through this rebuild and watching the kids will be fun, but I so want us to get lucky with a few of them. 

Most of the superstars get release by a club or two until they find that launch angle. 

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I like what I am seeing from Luis Ortiz so far.  I'm surprised Dean Kremer hasn't been mentioned.

I'd love to see Grenier at SS.  I just don't know if he'll hit.

I want to add Villar as part of the next winners group. As for Grenier at SS I don't know much about him. If he could turn into a gem I'm all for him. 

Archived