Trumbo likely to DL

VaBird1

1 minute ago, VaBird1 said:

Does Stewart get the call?

I was thinking same thing then remembered that Gentry just replaced Jones who will be back tomorrow. 

My guess is they leave him at AAA until Norfolk is done. Of course they could release Gentry and bring him up. Move Trey to 1B and DH and let Stewart play LF. 

12 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I was thinking same thing then remembered that Gentry just replaced Jones who will be back tomorrow. 

My guess is they leave him at AAA until Norfolk is done. Of course they could release Gentry and bring him up. Move Trey to 1B and DH and let Stewart play LF. 

Stewart’s been awful for nearly two months.    I wouldn’t call him up at all unless he finishes the MiL season on a high note.    No reason to bring a struggling player here.   

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Stewart’s been awful for nearly two months.    I wouldn’t call him up at all unless he finishes the MiL season on a high note.    No reason to bring a struggling player here.   

I don’t really disagree but it is a good fit with LF open by moving Trey around.

Hays being on the 40 man and with him playing better he could be back in September. That said I think Stewart has to be put on the 40 man after the year. 

I would not mind seeing the new guy they picked up and letting Gentry go. It would give Craig a chance to be picked up by a contender even if it is a MiL deal. In theory he could be added to roster in September and be playoff eligible.  

13 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I don't think it makes much difference if a player is hot or cold when brought up. 

4 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Did Gentry hit Trumbo in the knee at the hotel last night?

Well.... In all seriousness it may be better off for Gentry to be released now.

Who knows how much Mark plays rest of season. No need to rush him back. 

Archived