17 minor leaguers I want to see called up in Sept.

wildcard

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I’d expect Ortiz to get a start now that Rogers is shut down. I heard all this talk about Ortiz being a big guy, well damn, Rogers is pretty hefty. 

They said they were going to shut down Rogers but the note on the side of the OH page says he starts again Saturday.

During the 14 year losing streak,  I remember the Orioles would use very few September call-ups,  using their regular roster to "maintain the integrity of the game."  Those days are over.

Sellers can become spoilers, though manager Buck Showalter doesn’t sense the enthusiasm for it inside the clubhouse.

“I don’t think so, other than they’d like to end the season on a good note individually and as a team,” Showalter said before tonight’s game.

“I think there’s a good amount of jealousy this time of the year because we’ve been where they are, the teams that we’re playing. But it’s a challenge lineup-wise because I need to have the integrity of the competition with the teams that are counting on us to put our best foot forward, but I’m also always not going to let that get in the way of what’s best for the Orioles.”

Roch - http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2018/09/orioles-spoil-scoring-chances-in-5-2-loss.html

18 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

During the 14 year losing streak,  I remember the Orioles would use very few September call-ups,  using their regular roster to "maintain the integrity of the game."  Those days are over.

They sure had a funny way of maintaining the integrity of the game.    Several of our records to end the season were unbelievably bad:

2002: 4-32

2003: 10-24

2005: 14-28

2006: 10-20

2007: 11-28

2008: 7-29

2009: 10-21

Of course, our entire season has looked like that this year.

Archived