Bundy should finish the season in the bullpen

Thato'sfan

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

I do. I generally really like your posts, but if all you're bringing is snark, and not even funny snark, then don't post in the thread. 

Woooooo testy testy.

In other words, does anything really matter this last month of the season other than seeing Mullins, and other younger players doing well?  Villar and Nunez, too, for me.

Bundy might not even be part of the next good Orioles teams, there's no need to put him in the bullpen to protect him.  If anyone was really concerned with his health and wanted to protect him, just shut him down.  Makes more sense from the perspective of his health and us getting the #1 pick.

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Woooooo testy testy.

In other words, does anything really matter this last month of the season other than seeing Mullins, and other younger players doing well?  Villar and Nunez, too, for me.

Bundy might not even be part of the next good Orioles teams, there's no need to put him in the bullpen to protect him.  If anyone was really concerned with his health and wanted to protect him, just shut him down.  Makes more sense from the perspective of his health and us getting the #1 pick.

Bundy matters. His strikeout rate is excellent. Fixing Bundy should be a top priority for the Orioles. Get Bundy’s home run rate closer to league average and you have a very good to excellent starter and trade chip. There’s no way he could strikeout this many hitters and have totally lost it. He’s still got the best chance of being a very good to excellent starting pitcher than any of the Orioles other pitchers. The best prospects are far enough away that the probability of them reaching that level is lower than a Bundy who’s whiffing 9 per 9. You should care about Bundy because he’s still got the swing and miss stuff to be extremely important to the Orioles, but the home runs have to be dramatically reduced.  

3 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

Bundy matters. His strikeout rate is excellent. Fixing Bundy should be a top priority for the Orioles. Get Bundy’s home run rate closer to league average and you have a very good to excellent starter and trade chip. There’s no way he could strikeout this many hitters and have totally lost it. He’s still got the best chance of being a very good to excellent starting pitcher than any of the Orioles other pitchers. The best prospects are far enough away that the probability of them reaching that level is lower than a Bundy who’s whiffing 9 per 9. You should care about Bundy because he’s still got the swing and miss stuff to be extremely important to the Orioles, but the home runs have to be dramatically reduced.  

The only reason I'd like to get him "fixed" is to trade him.  I agree that he gives us our best chance to win but that's not saying much when compared to our other pitchers.  

There was an article earlier this year, probably Fangraphs, that labeled Bundy as the luckiest pitcher in the majors last year.  I believe we're seeing that this year.  His 5.36 ERA isn't too far from his 5.17 FIP.  

Sure, he's raised his K rate this year but maybe if he's going for more strikeouts he's more susceptible to giving up homers.  I dunno.  Wouldn't be surprised if the homers he's given up are on hanging breaking ball pitches when he's been trying to go for a K.

But in terms of the OP, he doesn't do any good out of the bullpen.  If anyone is worried about his arm then they should just shut him down.  

The only reason I'd like to get him "fixed" is to trade him. 

If anyone is worried about his arm then they should just shut him down.  

Or medically retire him and collect the insurance If he really is hurt to the point of being unable to perform his craft. 

The only reason I'd like to get him "fixed" is to trade him.  I agree that he gives us our best chance to win but that's not saying much when compared to our other pitchers.  

There was an article earlier this year, probably Fangraphs, that labeled Bundy as the luckiest pitcher in the majors last year.  I believe we're seeing that this year.  His 5.36 ERA isn't too far from his 5.17 FIP.  

Sure, he's raised his K rate this year but maybe if he's going for more strikeouts he's more susceptible to giving up homers.  I dunno.  Wouldn't be surprised if the homers he's given up are on hanging breaking ball pitches when he's been trying to go for a K.

But in terms of the OP, he doesn't do any good out of the bullpen.  If anyone is worried about his arm then they should just shut him down.  

What we learned, Moose doesn’t watch the games.

Archived