A few Q&A tidbits from Keith Law's 9/6/18 chat

Greg Pappas

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Nothing to fill in.

I was thinking about Sisco the other day when we were discussing the possibility of him getting called up.  And I had a thought and expressed it. 

I remember agreeing at the time the entire minor league demotion was odd.   Scratched from a game, remarks about him not sleeping, and suddenly he is sent down.   Just didn't feel right.

11 minutes ago, Frobby said:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bs-sp-orioles-chance-sisco-scratched-20180617-story,amp.html

This whole thing was strange.   First he was scratched from a game, then sent to the minors.   Something was going on there, I believe.   

Having read the article, could it just be that runners seemed to be stealing at will on him and Buck thought it was time to get a better veteran defensive catcher up when he was also hitting well (at AAA)?

1 minute ago, LA2 said:

Having read the article, could it just be that runners seemed to be stealing at will on him and Buck thought it was time to get a better veteran defensive catcher up when he was also hitting well (at AAA)?

Joseph couldn't throw anyone out last year and it didn't seem to bother Buck.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

He's been saying it for years.  I'm sure he views what is happening as  confirmation.

Agreed, but I also think this is a big reason why people don’t like Law. Gausman was trending up at trade time and has had strong runs in the past. Irresponsible comment.

50 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I remember agreeing at the time the entire minor league demotion was odd.   Scratched from a game, remarks about him not sleeping, and suddenly he is sent down.   Just didn't feel right.

Scratched from the game at the literal last minute, wasn't even on the bench, and took the entire allotted time to report to Norfolk.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Nothing to fill in.

I was thinking about Sisco the other day when we were discussing the possibility of him getting called up.  And I had a thought and expressed it. 

So you had nothing specific in mind, only that something was up? My bad then. 

3 hours ago, survivedc said:

Agreed, but I also think this is a big reason why people don’t like Law. Gausman was trending up at trade time and has had strong runs in the past. Irresponsible comment.

Everything he said was true and obvious.  Not sure why you are defending our pitching coach.  Pitching was fine until he got here.

9 hours ago, Frobby said:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bs-sp-orioles-chance-sisco-scratched-20180617-story,amp.html

This whole thing was strange.   First he was scratched from a game, then sent to the minors.   Something was going on there, I believe.   

It was a flu going through the clubhouse.

Sisco became the third Orioles player to sit out with an illness in the past week, with third baseman Danny Valencia and his hot bat out of the lineup last Sunday in Toronto and the same problem causing shortstop Manny Machado to miss a game for the first time this season Monday. Showalter also has dealt with the illness.

Archived