Joseph for the second time calls out the team

Going Underground

7 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Whats even worse, not sure there is anybody really ready behind him to step up and assume Slot #1 Starting Catcher.

Truth is, they’ve played .315 baseball when he has started, and .260 baseball when he hasn’t.

Reading the quotes from the Connolly article, it’s clear that the O’s need to clean house.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JourneyFan said:

Nice to finally see someone who's not Adam Jones get his thoughts out there. And I wholeheartedly agree with him.

I sure don't agree with him. Who is he to call out anyone? A backup catcher. That's almost as bad as CD calling out the team. 

Caleb said things a week ago as well and even before that.

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla.—Caleb Joseph was disgusted. He’s the third most senior member of the Orioles, behind Adam Jones and Chris Davis, and he’s watched the team he joined in 2014 come apart.

“It’s one thing if you’re playing clean games that you can see everybody kind of improving, and you can see guys moving in the right direction and kind of taking advantage of opportunities, but that’s just not what we’re seeing,” Joseph said.

“It’s extremely disheartening when you kind of play this sloppy game, extra bases, missed coverages, missed execution on all kinds of different things. It’s tough for a guy that’s been here for a number of years; it’s quite a change. But we’ve got to pull it together. This is an opportunity to take advantage of some time for these young guys and even the older guys, to get some stuff ironed out, and we’re not doing it and we’re wasting time, we’re wasting opportunity to turn this thing around in terms of the rebuild.

“These are valuable moments to start making adjustments and figuring out how to do things correctly. We keep making similar mistakes over and over and over, and it’s just not going to cut it.”

Joseph doesn’t like what he’s seeing.

https://www.baltimorebaseball.com/2018/09/09/joseph-fumes-orioles-complete-awful-road-trip/

39 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

I sure don't agree with him. Who is he to call out anyone? A backup catcher. That's almost as bad as CD calling out the team. 

You don’t agree with him? I don’t get that. I’m shocked it’s taken so long for someone to vent, especially if the clubhouse is a wreck. The whole team basically sucks so whoever speaks up is going to be relatively unproductive. 

The message is fair, but I think it falls flat when it's from a veteran OPSing under .600 - unless he makes it clear that he's the first one who deserves to be fired.   If he grew up with great veteran leadership in 2014, why isn't he able - at age 32 - to provide that type of leadership that he speaks of?   

1 minute ago, Ruzious said:

The message is fair, but I think it falls flat when it's from a veteran OPSing under .600 - unless he makes it clear that he's the first one who deserves to be fired.   If he grew up with great veteran leadership in 2014, why isn't he able to provide that type of leadership that he speaks of?   

Is leadership directly tied to OPS?

I was still kinda waffling a bit personally on what I thought about Buck and how much to blame him for this debacle of a season.  After this I'm pretty much convinced that it's time for him to go if there's no sense of accountability in the clubhouse.   That's inexcusable.

Archived