The Victor Victor Mesa/Sandy Gaston thread

Luke-OH

Keith Law weighs in on the brothers Diaz.

Everyone: Obligatory Victor Mesa question: Is he (and his brother) worth the hype? 
Keith Law: I have heard that they are less than the hype – great workout guys, maybe not such great players. I didn’t see their workout in Miami as it was closed to anyone but team personnel.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Dipper9 said:

Ah yes, the old "I did it because the other kids were doing it" argument.  

Seriously though Rick, I'm glad you aren't afraid to go to the city.  Others are.  Why is it so hard for you to accept that other people have different opinions than yours?  

If safety is really the driving factor on attendance then opening day and playoff games would also struggle to get attendance. Why do people feel safer in Baltimore on opening day and when the team plays in meaningful late season games? 

2 minutes ago, osfan83 said:

If safety is really the driving factor on attendance then opening day and playoff games would also struggle to get attendance. Why do people feel safer in Baltimore on opening day and when the team plays in meaningful late season games? 

Isn't there heightened security on opening day and playoff games?

1 minute ago, osfan83 said:

Baltimore fans are not supporting the Orioles when they are a good team. Baltimore never was a good attendance town except for the corporate buy in at Camden Yards prior to the Expo move. 

1 minute ago, weams said:

Baltimore fans are not supporting the Orioles when they are a good team. Baltimore never was a good attendance town except for the corporate buy in at Camden Yards prior to the Expo move. 

I have been to sold out opening day games and sold out playoff games....why do those people feel safer on those days than on the random Tuesday night? 

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Isn't there heightened security on opening day and playoff games?

No. The security is always a farce anyway.  Police presence is always contingent on anticipated crowd size. Much like concessionaires. 

Orioles are too reliant on individual buyers.

Season ticket base dwindled after 14 losing seasons. Attendance goes up and the riots happen and then mistakes were made by the Orioles and some of the season holders gained were lost.

Then you have this debacle of a season. 

5 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Orioles are too reliant on individual buyers.

Season ticket base dwindled after 14 losing seasons. Attendance goes up and the riots happen and then mistakes were made by the Orioles and some of the season holders gained were lost.

Then you have this debacle of a season. 

The corporate crowd never returned. 

Archived