Bleier and Trumbo injury updates

wildcard

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Yefry, Scott, or Kline. Idk if Scott got sent down to work on some things, so maybe leave him alone, but Yefry and Kline. I really like Yefry, and it’s time to see what Kline can do. 

I look at Bleier, Wright and Castro and think they all of them could be sent down.   Bleier because he is not healthy. Castro because he can't control his stuff.  Wright because he is Wright.   But the big question is who can do better.  

Ramirez maybe.   He did pitch well at AAA last year and poorly in the majors.  

Kline just pitched 1.2 inning last night and gave up 3 runs.  He did that a couple of time in ST.  He has never pitched above AA before this year.  I think he needs more time at AAA.

Scott needs more time to learn to control his stuff.  Otherwise he is not better then Castro in the majors.

It pretty easy to say pitchers should go down.  It harder to say who should effectively replace them.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, wildcard said:

I look at Bleier, Wright and Castro and think they all of them could be sent down.   Bleier because he is not healthy. Castro because he can't control his stuff.  Wright because he is Wright.   But the big question is who can do better.  

Ramirez maybe.   He did pitch well at AAA last year and poorly in the majors.  

Kline just pitched 1.2 inning last night and gave up 3 runs.  He did that a couple of time in ST.  He has never pitched above AA before this year.  I think he needs more time at AAA.

Scott needs more time to learn to control his stuff.  Otherwise he is not better then Castro in the majors.

It pretty easy to say pitchers should go down.  It harder to say who should effectively replace them.

Not arguing...but if Bleier could potentially injure himself it doesn't matter who comes up. Relief pitching is a fickle industry and his shelf life may be over. Either way, they need to protect the player and worry about the rest later.

1 minute ago, Aglets said:

Man it really sucks that we can't seem to trust Wright, Bleier, or Castro right now.  That is a pretty big fraction of our bullpen.

You kind of expect that from Wright, but Bleier and Castro are supposed to be set-up guys for us.   Bleier looks to me like he’s lost the finish on his pitches — they’re all coming in pretty flat as they enter the zone.    Castro’s command has been poor and he hasn’t had a consistent release point on his slider.     It’s going to be a blood bath if those guys can’t get their acts together.   

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

You kind of expect that from Wright, but Bleier and Castro are supposed to be set-up guys for us.   Bleier looks to me like he’s lost the finish on his pitches — they’re all coming in pretty flat as they enter the zone.    Castro’s command has been poor and he hasn’t had a consistent release point on his slider.     It’s going to be a blood bath if those guys can’t get their acts together.   

That is why I said Cashner is so valuable to this team as he can eat innings.  I think 10 runs given up or more is going to be the norm from this club.

Elias didnt do his job this off season.  He needed to get a bunch of guys who could go 5 innings a game.  Karns signing was a joke. He shouldnt have been offered big league deal.   He should have been looking for guys to cover innings who perhaps could give you a 5.50 ERA.

23 minutes ago, atomic said:

That is why I said Cashner is so valuable to this team as he can eat innings.  I think 10 runs given up or more is going to be the norm from this club.

Elias didnt do his job this off season.  He needed to get a bunch of guys who could go 5 innings a game.  Karns signing was a joke. He shouldnt have been offered big league deal.   He should have been looking for guys to cover innings who perhaps could give you a 5.50 ERA.

His signing was less than a million, absolute chump change for a starter or a reliever in today's market.  It was a buy low move that can still prove beneficial because, once again, it's April 10.  You're not convincing anybody that Karns signing was a joke, because it wasn't and still isn't.

26 minutes ago, Santandah said:

It's called tanking.

You still need to make it through the season.  The way the team is pitching and Hyde overused guys in the first few games there is not going to be anyone left to pitch. 

14 minutes ago, ShaneDawg85 said:

His signing was less than a million, absolute chump change for a starter or a reliever in today's market.  It was a buy low move that can still prove beneficial because, once again, it's April 10.  You're not convincing anybody that Karns signing was a joke, because it wasn't and still isn't.

Karns isn't  a starter he can't even pitch 2 innings in a game.  He was a bad signing with the limited budget the team had they would have better used the money signing a couple of minor league free agents. I find it amusing that people on here can't criticize anything Elias has done or hasn't done.  Obvious mistake not signing any pitchers that could actually pitch more than 4 innings in a year. 

34 minutes ago, ShaneDawg85 said:

Obviously you can choose to engage with him if you want on here, but if I can offer some advice as a friend I would say it's not really worth your time to try and debate him.   You kinda have to ask yourself what the goal of the conversation is.

I understand the desire though, I used to feel that way too.

32 minutes ago, atomic said:

You still need to make it through the season.  The way the team is pitching and Hyde overused guys in the first few games there is not going to be anyone left to pitch. 

Exactly. Pitching staff is being held together by duct tape already. The team isn’t going to be good (duh), but the pitching staff needs to make it through the season. Right now getting through April is going to be a challenge. 

1 hour ago, atomic said:

Why would he do that? Your Elias bashing is so off the mark it's really not worth commenting on but I can't let this kind of stuff go sometimes. Why would he want to pay millions to guys who will put up a 5.50 ERA over five innings a start? 

Good God man, I know you like to bash whoever is in charge, because clearly they are all so dumb in your mind, but at least have some reasonable thoughts in your head before you let your finger start typing.

Everyone knows what's going on this year here on this board but you apparently. This year about seeing if Means can be an effective starter or just a long guy? This year is about seeing whether Phillips, Castro, Yacobonis and Fry can be part of a future successful bullpen. This year about cheap fliers on guys like Karns and Strailey to see if they can be flipped for guys who might be able to help in a winning future. This year is about seeing if Martin can hit enough or show enough potential to be a long term starting SS. This is the year to see what Mullins is at the big league level. This is the year to see if Ruiz, Nunez and Smith Jr. can be parts in the future. 

This is not the year to go out and spend millions on players that might take this team from a 60-win season to a 65 win season. This entire year is about development, assessment, and flipping guys for parts they can use in a winning future.

If you don't see that then there is no hope for you.

I see Tony is also ignoring my advice, heh.

Great post though sir, I'm sure just about all of the readers here will really appreciate it.  Probably all except for the intended audience, unfortunately.

No one is saying Elias or Hyde should be immune to criticism.  I laid into Hyde pretty hard after the Yankee series on here and got some pushback!

But they at least deserve some kind of minimal attempt to comprehend what they are trying to do this year and their moves should be judged through THAT particular lens.  If you create your own lens based on your own version of reality for what 2019 should have been........... you're basically just shaking your fist at the sky on an island.   Maybe even without a friendly volleyball.

23 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Why would he do that? Your Elias bashing is so off the mark it's really not worth commenting on but I can't let this kind of stuff go sometimes. Why would he want to pay millions to guys who will put up a 5.50 ERA over five innings a start? 

Good God man, I know you like to bash whoever is in charge, because clearly they are all so dumb in your mind, but at least have some reasonable thoughts in your head before you let your finger start typing.

Everyone knows what's going on this year here on this board but you apparently. This year about seeing if Means can be an effective starter or just a long guy? This year is about seeing whether Phillips, Castro, Yacobonis and Fry can be part of a future successful bullpen. This year about cheap fliers on guys like Karns and Strailey to see if they can be flipped for guys who might be able to help in a winning future. This year is about seeing if Martin can hit enough or show enough potential to be a long term starting SS. This is the year to see what Mullins is at the big league level. This is the year to see if Ruiz, Nunez and Smith Jr. can be parts in the future. 

This is not the year to go out and spend millions on players that might take this team from a 60-win season to a 65 win season. This entire year is about development, assessment, and flipping guys for parts they can use in a winning future.

If you don't see that then there is no hope for you.

Thank you for that nice function called "ignore".

we all knew this was going to be a long season, but with the haters and trolls, this place is difficult to take sometimes, and that saddens me.

9 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Thank you for that nice function called "ignore".

we all knew this was going to be a long season, but with the haters and trolls, this place is difficult to take sometimes, and that saddens me.

I don't have the luxury of putting someone on ignore, but you're welcome! :D

Archived