Luke’s 2018 Rule 5 Draft Preference List

Luke-OH

40 minutes ago, section18 said:

Riley Ferrell or Ray Patrick DIdder Inf/OF Atlanta rated #4 today. They say he can contribute in 2019 to our roster in more ways than one, Plus runner and plus arm. Looked good in the AFL.

Diddier?  Wow, I've been following him in the Braves system for a few years, and - while he seems very good defensively -  he can't hit - at all.  Seems like that would be a problem if a player can't hit in the minors.    

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Baseball America said he is a contact hitter and can contribute now. He can play infield and outfield a typical Oriole player. Cooper said he played well in the Arizona Fall League. Rated him #4. McClelland is also an interesting possibility. I think Elias will take his guy Riley Ferrell.

Seems like Kean Wong could be drafted and step right in and help the team.  If the team drafts some player that is going to have .500 OPS or a 6 run ERA I am going to be angry.  Get guys that can help the team not guys who will awful this year have to go back to the minors in 2020 and then never be heard from again. 

2 minutes ago, atomic said:

Seems like Kean Wong could be drafted and step right in and help the team.  If the team drafts some player that is going to have .500 OPS or a 6 run ERA I am going to be angry.  Get guys that can help the team not guys who will awful this year have to go back to the minors in 2020 and then never be heard from again. 

Well since it's THAT easy...

7 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

So FWIW JJ Cooper seems convinced that the Orioles are picking Richie Martin with the first pick, says he’s been hearing it from  a bunch of scouts (non-Orioles scouts). Now I’m at a loss to how other teams’ scouts know who the Orioles will pick so I’d take it with plenty of salt.

Maybe they are good being more vocal, knowing no one can take their guy first.  The beauty of being #1.

5 minutes ago, jerios55 said:

Maybe they are good being more vocal, knowing no one can take their guy first.  The beauty of being #1.

Martin or Wong make the most sense as they can come in and hopefully play decent enough baseball where you can play them regularly.  

Archived