Who should be dealt this winter/off-season?

Greg Pappas

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to see us get solid value for Bundy and Givens. My thinking is along the lines of, 'Better a year too soon than too late.'  

Cobb should be kept unless an offer comes along that surprises us. He could have a very solid season and garner interest at the deadline next year.

Villar is one that should be dealt at any point a quality offer comes in. He's a much better player than I originally thought we were getting and he could garner plenty of interest this off-season or potentially at the trade deadline. 

22 minutes ago, ExileAngelos said:

I really like the idea of trading Villar at the deadline next year.  I think we would get more then.

I could certainly see us getting more if he plays very well leading up to the break and deadline, but I'd be happy to take a quality offer this off-season if one gets offered.  I do feel your scenario is more likely though.

Everyone.  Seriously, everyone.

I honestly don't care what we get back.  K, that's a bit of a stretch, but IMO, anything is better than what we have and where we are.  They didn't trade enough last year.  Should have traded Cobb and Givens.  

Trade Davis and eat 95% of his salary and get a bucket of balls in return.  Seriously, every has to go.  

The short answer is maybe Givens. Then pray that Villar, Cobb, Cashner, and Trumbo have good enough years for them to be able to trade them at the trade deadline. 

And folks can we please stop with the Davis trade talk. He's untradeable. It's not happening...not matter how much of the contract they're willing to eat. Their only options are to let him play out his contract or release him. 

2 hours ago, mdbdotcom said:

Trade Mancini while he's cheap and teams can still dream of his potential (of which I don't think there is much). Play kids in the outfield and leave an opening for Mountcastle at 1B/DH in 2020.

This is an option I'm in favor of. I'd be interested to get an idea from our posters on what they believe Mancini could net us. Would a Schoop-like return be feasible? I suspect so.

Trade any player that brings back more value that he has to the team.    

That said I don't think the O's trade anyone this off season.   

Cashner, Trumbo and Bleier should be traded next July.   

No one wants Davis.   After his 2018 performance Cobb has to redeem himself before the O's can get really value for him.   Villar will probably be more valuable in July or next off season.  

Givens and Bundy are  still cheap.   I would trade  them if someone offered a haul in return but I will not trade them for equal value or to salary dump them.

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Everyone.  Seriously, everyone.

I honestly don't care what we get back.  K, that's a bit of a stretch, but IMO, anything is better than what we have and where we are.  They didn't trade enough last year.  Should have traded Cobb and Givens.  

Trade Davis and eat 95% of his salary and get a bucket of balls in return.  Seriously, every has to go.  

There is no one currently among the 25 man roster that I would care to keep. If they want Mullins, or Tanner Scott they can go too. Really. No reason to keep any of these guys if you can get younger. 

4 minutes ago, Greg Pappas said:

This is an option I'm in favor of, as long as it's not a give-away. I'd be interested to get an idea from our posters on what they believe Mancini could net us. Would a Schoop-like return be feasible?

No, not at all. Not close. God no. 

25 minutes ago, weams said:

After thinking more on it, I believe you're right. It seems Mancini could net a decent return, but it wouldn't be at Schoop's trade value.  Schoop's career OPS is .738, compared to Mancini's .777. Schoop does play a tougher position, and frankly I'd prefer Schoop, but Mancini (who is actually younger than Schoop) has three (or four?) more years on a cheap contract.  However, Mancini really is a DH, as he brings poor defense at LF and 1B.

25 minutes ago, Greg Pappas said:

This is an option I'm in favor of. I'd be interested to get an idea from our posters on what they believe Mancini could net us. Would a Schoop-like return be feasible? I suspect so.

20 minutes ago, weams said:

I could argue that 4 years of Mancini > 1.3 years of Schoop, especially when you factor in salary.    But the truth is, I don’t think we’d get a return as good as what we got for Schoop.   We did very well in that trade IMO.

Archived