Reminder - Elias Presser Today at 11 am

TonySoprano

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

That might be enough to get me to join Reddit.

It's gonna be some rough questions and he's under no obligation to answer the particularly tough ones, but this is how you approach a waning and disinterested and upset fanbase. GET OUT THERE. Mix it up with them, tell them your plan and get them on board. 

Why has this kind of thing taken so long? The guy released a 90 second video this morning that outlined a plan more succinctly than Duquette has in the past 3 years. It's not rocket science!

1 minute ago, interloper said:

It's gonna be some rough questions and he's under no obligation to answer the particularly tough ones, but this is how you approach a waning and disinterested and upset fanbase. GET OUT THERE. Mix it up with them, tell them your plan and get them on board. 

Why has this kind of thing taken so long? The guy released a 90 second video this morning that outlined a plan more succinctly than Duquette has in the past 3 years. It's not rocket science!

That would be why I wasn't joking about replacing Roch with a recent college grad that is savvy in social media.

38 minutes ago, weams said:

"I happen to have a lot of experience with the top ot the draft." 

"The Orioles are the beneficiaries of that experience."

It'll be interesting to see what kind of wrinkles get into our 1-1 approach.  My main impressions from when Houston had premium picks are the hardball they played with Aiken leading in time to Bregman, and the whispers Correa was a "below-slot" 1-1 enabling the McCullers pick behind him. 

This kind of steers my expectation towards something more nuanced than a Rutschman or Witt love fest all spring long, or at least that if it turns into that, it'll be on account of one of the talents truly lapping the field as the new NCAA and high school seasons play out.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

That would be why I wasn't joking about replacing Roch with a recent college grad that is savvy in social media.

I don't hate Roch or anything, but did you notice when he asked the Davis question at the end, he phrased it like "I get this question like every day, so... Chris Davis". Like, come on just ask the question, don't angle it like "I have to ask this because the fans won't shut up". 

Archived