Rumors and News

oriolediehard

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been saying Schoop would be non tendered since May.  WAR overvlues guys like Schoop.  The league bas realized WAR is wrong and guys who strike out all the time  and low OBP are pretty worthless even if they hit home runs.

1 hour ago, atomic said:

I have been saying Schoop would be non tendered since May.  WAR overvlues guys like Schoop.  The league bas realized WAR is wrong and guys who strike out all the time  and low OBP are pretty worthless even if they hit home runs.

This has nothing to do with it.   Schoop had a bad year.   If he’d done as well as in 2015, 2016 or 2017 he wouldn’t have been non-tendered.   And, it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s signing a nice contract a year from now.  

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

This has nothing to do with it.   Schoop had a bad year.   If he’d done as well as in 2015, 2016 or 2017 he wouldn’t have been non-tendered.   And, it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s signing a nice contract a year from now.  

I dont think so.  Guys who cant get on base aren't getting paid anymore.  Analytics have taken over in the league.  Players like Schoop are utility infielders at best.

1 minute ago, atomic said:

I dont think so.  Guys who cant get on base aren't getting paid anymore.  Analytics have taken over in the league.  Players like Schoop are utility infielders at best.

Analytics about OBP vs. SLG have been in vogue for 15 years, long before Schoop came up.    It’s one thing to have a .300ish OBP and a .470ish SLG like 2016-17.    It’s another to have a .266 OBP and a .416 SLG like this year     Those are terrible numbers and you don’t need analytics to know that.

20 minutes ago, Frobby said:

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Analytics about OBP vs. SLG have been in vogue for 15 years, long before Schoop came up.    It’s one thing to have a .300ish OBP and a .470ish SLG like 2016-17.    It’s another to have a .266 OBP and a .416 SLG like this year     Those are terrible numbers and you don’t need analytics to know that.

.300 OBP is terrible.  Unless you play defense like Ozzie Smith you cant be an every day baseball player with those numbers.   

7 hours ago, atomic said:

.300 OBP is terrible.  Unless you play defense like Ozzie Smith you cant be an every day baseball player with those numbers.   

In his 25 yr old season Schoop was a.340 OBP.

I think he's capable of that type of season.

its possible he could be had on a very reasonable 1-3 years deal and may favor the Orioles as a comfort zone.

If you determine he's that guy and the injury was the issue I see no reason not to bring him back on a 1-3 year deal for 6 million per. You may end up with a big win.

We need a 2B and 3B if Villar is the SS. 

39 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

In his 25 yr old season Schoop was a.340 OBP.

I think he's capable of that type of season.

its possible he could be had on a very reasonable 1-3 years deal and may favor the Orioles as a comfort zone.

If you determine he's that guy and the injury was the issue I see no reason not to bring him back on a 1-3 year deal for 6 million per. You may end up with a big win.

We need a 2B and 3B if Villar is the SS. 

If they are going to be bad why not go with Nunez and Valera for this year?

Archived